Re: [AlbinVega]

Nov 8, 2001
Hi

Vegas in the USA are much cheaper than the UK and Europe so I sugest you get one in the States.

Kind Regards

Steve Birch

May 30, 2000
Hi
Our Vega is documented. One cosmetic advantage here in my State is that you are not required to place state registration numerals bowside and mess up your hull with with a bunch of letters and numbers and tags. You do have to register once in this jurisdiction and pay sales tax on the purchase of your boat. A documented boat for those few among us who sail in foreign or international waters is considered a US Vessel and hence is derivatively sort of analagous to the marine equivalent of US Territory and hence entitled to protection as such. Documentation does make the transfer of Title clean of liens and encumbrances. The lineage of a documented boat is easilly traceable to its origin through all owners of record. The US office for documenting vessels, believe it or not, is in the landlocked State of West Virginia due no doubt to the clout and tenure of Senator Robert (Baby) Byrd.
In a nutshell, that's about it. It may not be a bad idea for those venturing into in foreign waters and ports to be documented. However, for those with wanderlust it may be a good idea not to stray into the Persian Gulf for the next ten years documented or not. Cheers..........
Jim 3228
Steve Birch steve@... wrote:Hi

Vegas in the USA are much cheaper than the UK and Europe so I sugest you get one in the States.

Kind Regards

Steve Birch