Raymarine wifi or bluetooth radar

Mar 16, 2009
Hunter Vision-36 Richmond
Has anyone used the Raymarine wireless radar? The boat we just bought has a newer Raymarine touch screen plotter and an older radar that is not connected to the plotter because the wiring is not compatible. Considering the wifi radar. Any feed back?

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Great topic! I will be watching this thread. I've been eyeing the Furuno wireless radar since it was first introduced by Furuno but was leery since there was only one wireless radar on the market and it only worked with iSO.

If these wireless radar's work well, it will allow us to place the radar unit in more optimal locations w/o issues related to wire runs.

Maybe we can encourage Practical Sailor to do a review.:thumbup:

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
How far we've come! When I began boating in the early '60s radar signals traveled from the antenna to the display through a rectangular metal (copper I believe) tube with all bends calculated not to minimize the signal. If it got crushed or bent by being walked on or kicked, that had to be repaired before the uni9t would function again.
Wireless radar? We'll see, but if wireless wind instruments are still subject to glitches and outside interference, then how much should one depend on that for something a great deal more important to boat safety?

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
Great topic! I will be watching this thread. I've been eyeing the Furuno wireless radar since it was first introduced by Furuno but was leery since there was only one wireless radar on the market and it only worked with iSO.

If these wireless radar's work well, it will allow us to place the radar unit in more optimal locations w/o issues related to wire runs.

Maybe we can encourage Practical Sailor to do a review.:thumbup:
Kind of….you still have to route a power cable.

Dec 28, 2015
I have been using my Furuno WiFi radar for about 3 years now. Using it on a IPad is about the only way to go for size. I have mine set up as the network hub that my WIFI AIS links to and puts all the data on a overlay in TZ IBoat. I really like the system. The only time I had connection issues was when my AIS went TU and I lost wind data. I have never had a issue with WiFi connections lost with the radar anywhere on or in my boat. The head is mounted at the first spreader elevation on the mast.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2009
I have been using my Furuno WiFi radar for about 3 years now. Using it on a IPad is about the only way to go for size. I have mine set up as the network hub for hat my WIFI AIS links to and puts all the data on a overlay in TZOBoat. I really like the system. The only time I had connection issues was when my AIS went TU and I lost wind data. I have never had a issue with WiFi connections lost with the radar anywhere on or in my boat. The head is mounted at the first spreader elevation on the mast.
Thanks for the feedback!

Dec 28, 2015
Jan 19, 2010
Jul 8, 2005
Jeanneau 389 Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
Has anyone used the Raymarine wireless radar? The boat we just bought has a newer Raymarine touch screen plotter and an older radar that is not connected to the plotter because the wiring is not compatible. Considering the wifi radar. Any feed back?
We have a Raymarine radar dome which is connected via wifi. Works great. Had once a connection issue, but powering off and back on solved it. Reboot seems to be a good problem solver...
Our electronics are 4 years old.

Mar 16, 2009
We have a Raymarine radar dome which is connected via wifi. Works great. Had once a connection issue, but powering off and back on solved it. Reboot seems to be a good problem solver...
Thank you! I'm probably going to go for it.

Jan 19, 2010
Does the data have to be read by a Raymarine head or will it integrate with other applications?

duck21

Jul 17, 2020
Hunter 376 0 Washburn, WI on Lake Superior
We have a Raymarine radar which connects to our Raymarine chart plotter via wifi. So far it has worked great! Both units were purchased in 2021. The radar is on pole at the stern or our boat, so only about 10 feet away from the plotter. As noted, I did have to run a power cable, but I didn't want to worry about running the SeaTalk cabling to the pole as I intend to move the unit into the mast in the near future.

Doug