Raymarine ST60 Won't Calibrate

Sep 27, 2008
Hunter 41 Longport,NJ
Tried the user calibration several times per the manual. It won;t "beep", so I'm suspecting it didn't;t calibrate. Been turning around in circles so often the local coast guard is getting concerned..... Any suggestions ?

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Check the wind direction with a compass.
If I understand the calibration right, it is just trying to align the vane with the bow of the boat.
Jim...

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
How rapidly are you turning?
You should be making slow circles and it shouldn’t ordinarily take more than a couple of them.
If you have been going clockwise and that doesn’t appear to work, try counterclockwise.

(is it possible the “beep” simply is not working?)

Sep 27, 2008
Hunter 41 Longport,NJ
Thanks both - good thought on the beep - circles were very slow - tried in each direction, did some tight ciclues and some broad ones in very calm water,,,,,,,

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
In my ST50's both the wind and the autopilot fluxgate compass are calibrated by doing slow circles. Direction does not matter. I try to do both at once to minimize the time involved. I don't think mine 'beep' so the 'beep' may be a ST60 thing. After the circles which corrects the compass for deviation and the wind for linearity, you need to set the correct heading and wind direction on the display.

JerryA

Oct 17, 2004
Tanzer 29 Jeanneau Design Sandusky Bay, Lake Erie
Mine acted like that, but then was Ok after removing and cleaning connections on the back.

JerryA

Oct 29, 2005
Hunter Marine 326 303 Singapore
If you just want to calibrate the Wind Instrument, send someone up the Mast to turn the Wind Vane arrow. No need to go round in circles to alarm the Coast Guards. :D