Raymarine Evolution Wheel Pilot Install

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
I wish you would have posted sooner! I like that spot a lot.
Being you have a 310 and I a 30 w/ dinette, I didn't think you had the same location options as I have.

A tech on the Raymarine forum, now closed, recommended between 8 and 12 for hardover time. I set mine to 11.
I set the auto turn to turn the boat 110 degrees.
I have another note that I found "Cruising" mode to work the best for my boat. I believe the modes were Liesure, Cruising and Performance.

Other than that, just follow the set up Wizard. It works much better with the EV-100 than earlier APs and requires a lot less input from the user.

I haven't had the need to change any settings since I changed to the Sail Catamaran vessel type in August of 2019. The AP has been working great since then.

Here is a link to the Raymarine Forum. It's been locked for a few years now but is still available for searching/viewing. It's worth a visit,

Dec 21, 2020
Catalina 310 Lake Hefner
An important note.

The round sensor rotates in the fitting used to attach the unit to the boat. The orientation applies to the round sensor. Once you attach the unit to the boat, you then turn the sensor so that the arrow aligns along the line of the keel.
Roger. I’m headed in the right direction!

Dec 21, 2020
Catalina 310 Lake Hefner
Being you have a 310 and I a 30 w/ dinette, I didn't think you had the same location options as I have.

A tech on the Raymarine forum, now closed, recommended between 8 and 12 for hardover time. I set mine to 11.
I set the auto turn to turn the boat 110 degrees.
I have another note that I found "Cruising" mode to work the best for my boat. I believe the modes were Liesure, Cruising and Performance.

Other than that, just follow the set up Wizard. It works much better with the EV-100 than earlier APs and requires a lot less input from the user.

I haven't had the need to change any settings since I changed to the Sail Catamaran vessel type in August of 2019. The AP has been working great since then.

Here is a link to the Raymarine Forum. It's been locked for a few years now but is still available for searching/viewing. It's worth a visit,
Really valuable info that makes my confidence level go up. I may get the dockside set up done this afternoon.

Dec 21, 2020
Catalina 310 Lake Hefner
Really valuable info that makes my confidence level go up. I may get the dockside set up done this afternoon.
Just finished the sea trial and setting up the magnetic deviation. What a smart instrument!
I used the Seatalk to SeatalkNG buss instead of the ITC-5. The P70 display is showing wind direction and steers to wind direction. The wheel pilot drive is virtually silent. Compared to wheel pilots of the past, this is a really high quality system. I can’t see any reason I would want a below deck drive even though I loved my last one.
moved the ACU 100 to the bulkhead behind the engine as the cables weren’t long enough and I didn’t want to buy another cable.

Attachments

Dec 21, 2020
Catalina 310 Lake Hefner
After install performance update: I have owned two autopilots. A C- Tronix below deck powering a hydraulic ram on an Islander Freeport 41 and an ST 2000 on a Catalina 25. Both were quiet, but the EV 100 is quieter. Winds were light but it steers with minimal corrections and couldn’t be happier. Easy to interface with legacy ST 60 wind. Great autopilot.