Raymarine e7 thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj2210

Feb 4, 2012
Catalina 30 Watts Bar
I was thinking of installing this chart plotter at the helm on my C30. I already have Ray instruments and autopilot and thought this would complete the system. I had thought about an iPad but I know from experience it's not too good in the sun and with adding an instrument to wifi interface plus the iPad the cost would be close to the Ray e7.
Anyone have any experience with this unit?

Mar 28, 2013
Catalina 34 Anacortes
I put my e7 at the helm of my 34 which gives me GPS, chart plotter and wind instruments at my finger tips. I find this to be a perfect arrangement. It also has Bluetooth to my laptop which my sailor friends like to watch with opinion of course.

dj2210

Feb 4, 2012
Catalina 30 Watts Bar
Thanks for the reply Greg. Did you mount it in a pod rigid facing aft, or have some way to rotate to view it in front of helm?

Mar 28, 2013
Catalina 34 Anacortes
I put my e7 at the helm of my 34 which gives me GPS, chart plotter and wind instruments at my finger tips. I find this to be a perfect arrangement. It also has Bluetooth to my laptop which my sailor friends like to watch with opinion of course.
I have the e7 mounted on a pedestal guard in a pod facing aft with a slight angle up to make it easy to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.