Raymarine e7 chartplotter issues

Aug 26, 2012
Hunter Hunter 27 St-Blaise-sur-Richelieu
Good day All,

I just got my new Raymairine e7 chartplotter and I can not get the heads up display (stuck on North up display), even if I follow the manual to the letter (relative position and heads up selection), Raymarine is difficult to reach and I as wondering if any of you got the same issue and if so what did you do to correct this?
Thank you and have great winds.

Aug 26, 2012
Yes, but I will have to try resetting my e& and updating the software. That's all I could find. Thank you

Jul 19, 2013
Hunter 33 New Orleans
Yes, but I will have to try resetting my e& and updating the software. That's all I could find. Thank you
I was going to get an e7 but it has several kniown issues. The issue is with the touchscreen.

http://www.raymarine.co.uk/view/?id=9267

This is the UK siite, call Ray and check about your exact unit.

When I spoke with the sales staff at Westmarine they accknowledged the issue also.

Best of luck.

Jim

cat30

Jun 2, 2004
Island Packet 31 stony point,ny
updating software

I have the A67- similar but not the same- i had to update my software to get the unit to "pinch to zoom" which i thought was the main feature. while i was at it, i printed an updated manual- there were some changes from the original manual i downloaded. the unit was only a couple months old when i bought it.

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
I was going to get an e7 but it has several kniown issues. The issue is with the touchscreen.

http://www.raymarine.co.uk/view/?id=9267

This is the UK siite, call Ray and check about your exact unit.

When I spoke with the sales staff at Westmarine they accknowledged the issue also.

Best of luck.

Jim
I have swapped out three in the last few weeks due to the touch screen recal. Owners don't mind cause they get a new plotter, installer basically does this on his dime..:doh::doh::doh: And Raymarine probably wonders why less and less electronics installers are installing their gear...?

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
If I had to do it all over again, I would look at other mfgrs. There are things about RM I do not like... Like their hokey connectors or having to supply ships power separately to the SeaTalk NG databus. Having said that their forum is very responsive and their first question to you will be "is all software up to date? Maybe the other guys have their share of issues...I had to send my E7D in for the touchscreen mod..so far it's working.

Aug 26, 2012
Thanks to all,

I did a manufacturer reset and all functions came back.
I guess the first step is to make a good reset before going overboard with more stuff.

Thanks again