Raymarine Chartploter blinking on and off

Dec 29, 2015
Beneteau 473 Mukilteo WA
I have 2006 B473. The Chartploter at the nav station will periodically blink off and on. System is therefore not usable. Can anyone tell me if there is a reset procedure or if there is something I can do to get the system back operational? It does not seem to make a difference if I turn it on before or after starting the engine. With the nav station Chartploter not working, I can not use the Chartploter at the helm.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
blink off and on
Loose or corroded wire!
My new radar had the same problem and causes havoc on the SeaTalk communication network.

If it blinks and the goes into the start up screen mode, like when you power up, Then it is the power supply.
Jim...

Dec 29, 2015
Beneteau 473 Mukilteo WA
Thanks, I will have a look at that today. Does the unit have a separate power supply or simply a hot lead from the panel.

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
This is probably obvious, but have you checked for a bad/ loose electrical connection (power)?
I would start with the connectors at the back of the plotter and trace the wiring back to the source. Something could have worked loose or there is a wire that has broken due to chafe or a plug itself that is mis-assembled that is causing an intermittent open circuit.
Other than that, it could be internal to the plotter itself, which would require sending it to Raymarine if it's not totally obsolete.