Raymarine C120 Screen Rehab

Dec 19, 2019
Hunter 41DS Punta Gorda
I want to replace the polarizing film on my C120 chartplotter.

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE RIGHT TYPE OF POLARIZING FILM TO USE?

There was a YouTube that showed how to do it. It has been removed.

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
Hunter 33 Steamboat Wharf, Hull, MA
Removed the damaged film on my C120 with a polish recommended by Raymarine. That was years ago and I never considered replacing the film. Why would you want to replace the film?

Dec 19, 2019
Hunter 41DS Punta Gorda
Once the film is completely removed, you cannot see any detail on the screen. This youtube shows it pretty good.

Does the Raymarine use 0 degrees or 90 degrees film? There are different thicknesses too.

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 410 Punta Gorda
Maybe time to upgrade to Axiom. You can sell you old Raymarine to a firm in Pompano Beach.

Dec 19, 2019
Hunter 41DS Punta Gorda
If it was as easy as unplugging the old one and plugging in the new one, I would.

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
Interesting. There must be two layers of film over the screen. The one I removed was very thin and polished off with little effort. This was a standard procedure suggested by Raymarine. That layer would likely be damaged if you used Windex or a similar cleaner to clean your screen. My screen without this top layer is still polarized as it conflicts with my sunglasses.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Removed the damaged film on my C120 with a polish recommended by Raymarine. That was years ago and I never considered replacing the film. Why would you want to replace the film?
The product is Novus 7100 polishing kit ( Amazon). I am having the same problem; will definitely try polishing before attempting to replace the polarized screen.
61uTnoSXZ2L._AC_SX679_.jpg

Jul 5, 2023
Bayliner 2859 Oroville
Hello everyone I was checking to see if anyone has used the novus kit on there c120. If it was successful? Thanks everyone I appreciate any feedback

Attachments

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
I started to work on my C80; however, haven't completed it yet. Seems to work OK, but a very lengthy & tedious process, polishing manually. Going to search for a small bonnet to attach to a power drill to speed up the process. Interestingly, I watched a You Tube video on replacing the glass screen. Apparently, there is a plastic protector that covers the glass screen; therefore it is the plastic protector that we are polishing; not the glass screen. My searches for a replacement plastic screen cover have been unsuccessful.

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
I polished my C120 screen with that product years ago with success.