Raymarine autopilot mounting suggestions - Hunter 33-2

buddy0

Sep 17, 2014
Hunter 33 Oriental, NC
Hi,

I am installing a Raymarine wheel pilot on a 2005 Hunter 33-2.
I am looking for suggestions on the best places to mount the ACU-100 controller unit and the EV-1 sensor.

I've read through the recommendations in the installation instructions. I've also emailed Hunter support. They suggested:
"You can mount everything on the aft side of the center access panel in the aft cabin."

I am trying to get a clarification on this. My understanding is that they are saying the aft side of the big aft-most removable access panel in the aft cabin, between the cabin and the rudder/tanks. You would certainly need to leave some extra wire so you could still remove the panel. But Raymarine recommends a place where you can see the status LEDs.

I am thinking maybe to the left or right of that access panel, as high as it will go. Would not be as clean as on the other side. Maybe don't really need to see those LED status lights?

Does anyone have good/bad experiences to share? Anyone know where they are mounted by the factory or dealer?

I did find some good tips on wiring in Help Need Installing an EV-100 in a 2006 Hunter 33.

Regards,
-buddy

Oct 29, 2005
Hunter Marine 326 303 Singapore
That's where my friend's Raymarine AP course computer is mounted on his 2007 H33.

Ken Y