Raw water strainer for the air conditioner pump

Jul 11, 2021
Hunter 35.5 Legend The Club at Treasure Island
Hi,

I have a Shurflo Raw water strainer going to my water pump for the air conditioner. It is small and the filter is constantly an issue because if falls apart. I have been looking for other options to replace the strainer. Right now I am making my own filter which works because it is made of much better stainless steel, but would like to get something that is not such a hassle. Does anyone know of another strainer/filter that I can replace this with? When I went into West Marine they were trying to sell me a strainer with a plastic filter with rather large holes. It would not work at all because the silt would just get through it and cause more issues. I have a 1994 35.5 Hunter Legend and the air conditioner works great but before I was making my own filter, I was having to replace the filters every 2 weeks and they are $25, which is just crazy since they don't last. I asked West Marine about it and they said they are made of good stainless steel. Well apparently not. The last one I took off and showed them, the seam was completely separated and holes all over the place. Any help would be appreciated.