Not open for further replies.

Guido

Aug 30, 2015
Catalina 42 Mark II In the SEA...!!
Good source for parts?

Last edited:
Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
What parts do you need or expect to need?
Fwiw...the Raritan SuperFlush uses the same tried and true PHII pump that has been, and remains the top rated manual toilet pump since Raritan introduced it in 1983. The toilet was originally named PHII...Raritan renamed it the SuperFlush when they redesigned the base (ONLY the base) a few years ago to give it a more contemporary look and changed the mounting bolt pattern to match that of almost all other manual toilets. It'll provide at least 20+ years of reliable trouble free service with very few repairs if it's just kept VERY well lubricated (Raritan recommends SuperLube thick teflon/silicone grease), the joker valve is replaced at least annually, and is rebuilt (about $60) every 5-6 years.

--Peggie

Last edited:
  • Helpful

Guido

Aug 30, 2015
What parts do you need or expect to need?
Fwiw...the Raritan SuperFlush uses the same tried and true PHII pump that has been, and remains the top rated manual toilet pump since Raritan introduced it in 1983. The toilet was originally named PHII...Raritan renamed it the SuperFlush when they redesigned the base (ONLY the base) a few years ago to give it a more contemporary look and changed the mounting bolt pattern to match that of almost all other manual toilets. It'll provide at least 20+ years of reliable trouble free service with very few repairs if it's just kept VERY well lubricated (Raritan recommends SuperLube thick teflon/silicone grease), the joker valve is replaced at least annually, and is rebuilt (about $60) every 5-6 years.

--Peggie
I know you love these guys. I'm totally fed up with mine. Bought the two tiny rubber o-rings for over TWENTY DOLLARS and put them in to stop the flood of water coming out the top of the shaft. Couldn't find anything sealing the shaft. Dug around with a pick with no luck. Can't see anything in there either. Finally just put the new seal in and now it's ridiculously hard to pump.
My Jabsco just works and works and works. When it leaks after a couple years, $110 and a new pump works and work and works. Never again with this lousy Raritan. Worst choice I ever made.

Guido

Aug 30, 2015
By the way, here are some photos to show you the difference in the hardware used by Raritan vs. Jabsco. Guess which is rusting like crazy? The pump shaft does too and gets rust stains all over the pump parts...

Attachments

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
The bleach in Clorox household bowl cleaner will will do that. If you're so happy with the Jabsco with which you replaced the Raritan, why are you looking for parts for the Raritan?

Guido

Aug 30, 2015
By the way, here are some photos to show you the difference in the hardware used by Raritan vs. Jabsco. Guess which is rusting like crazy? The pump shaft does too and gets rust stains all over the pump parts...
$25 worth of rubber for the infamous raritan.....what a joke. For $100 more you can get a complete pump for the Jabsco.

YOU decide...

Attachments

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
WHY WOULD YOU ASSUME I'D CLEAN WITH SOMETHING THAT STUPID?
AND YOU ALSO "ASSUME" I REPLACED A JABSCO WITH THE LOUSY RARITAN.
HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN WHAT "ASSUME" STANDS FOR....???
Your response is kind of out of line. You posted a photo of a marine toilet with a container of Clorox Toilet Bowl Cleaner in the back ground. It what any reasonable and knowledgeable person would assume. When it comes to marine and RV sanitation, Peggy is one of the most knowledgeable people in the country. You should probably think about walking back some of your statements.

Apex

Jun 19, 2013
C&C 30 Elk Rapids
ok everyone.......Guido needs to vent about being unhappy with a recent repair cost, and is hoping for a better source. SBO store does have good pricing, and will in some instances have discussion with you directly on pricing if you find other advertised pricing.

yelling at Peggie (all caps) for her volunteering her expertise, is a bit harsh. dlochner is not far off: posts can be edited. I think we can safely ASSUME Guido's vent is over? their opinion on Raritan costs certainly were well noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.