Raritan Phil won't flush in dry mode

Dec 30, 2009
jeanneau 38 gin fizz sloop Summer- Keyport Yacht Club, Raritan Bay, NJ, Winter Viking Marina Verplanck, NY
Hey all havin a little trouble wf my head water in bowl won't flush in dry mode pump seems limp real easy ? Any thoughts? Red

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Time to rebuild the pump. The parts or a new pump can be purchased at the SBO store or at other vendors.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
I need answers to some questions before I can offer any solutions.

How old is the toilet? Does it ONLY happen in the dry mode, flushes normally in the wet mode? Is this a new problem? Or is the boat is a "new to you" boat with a toilet that isn't working right? If you've owned it a while and this is a new problem...When, if ever, was the last time (only time?) it had a rebuild kit installed? When, if ever, was the joker valve replaced?

Dec 30, 2009
jeanneau 38 gin fizz sloop Summer- Keyport Yacht Club, Raritan Bay, NJ, Winter Viking Marina Verplanck, NY
Hi Peggy thanks for your help. Toilet is 3 years old lightly used , only happened once last week in dry mode only then in AM was okay. I am now using the head everyday for last 12 days as I am headed south. It's never been rebuilt. Thx Red

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Sounds like it just needs lubrication. Buy a tube of SuperLube thick teflon grease (Ace Hardware carries it)... remove the 4 screws that hold the pump onto the base, lift the pump and put a healthy squirt (about a tablespoon) of the grease into the pump. Replace the pump...pump it a few times to spread the grease all over in the inside of the pump cylinder...you should be good to go for at least 6 months.