Ranger 30 Cockpit Instrument Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heffy

Jun 29, 2006
Ranger 30 San Diego
I have a cockpit mounted instrument panel that monitors an Atomic 4. Sunlight has deteriated the panel to where holes are developing. The panel is 12 1/4" x 7 1/4" any sugestions on where to find a replacement or build/repair the old panel. THX

jp6538

Jun 28, 2006
- - chicago
Same Issue

I too have this same issue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Saddly winter is coming, especially here on the Great Lakes, anh this is one my winter projects, of which there are several. On another note. I am still looking for information on headliner repair or replacement on my Ranger 30. I would like to take it down (and get it back up) so I can remove and replace/tighten and seal my deck hardware. Thank you for what ever help I can get.

J

Jim Bordeaux

Ranger 30 Instrument Panel

I have owned a Ranger 30 for 15 years. Have replaced the instrument panel with teak plywood several times, but despite my efforts to seal it, has delaminated each time. Finally, I fashioned one out of a white plastic cutting board and it has worked fine for several years. Jim Bordeaux Ranger 30 NUANCE

J

Jim Bordeaux

Ranger 30 headliner

A few years ago, I found that the balsa core in the cabin top of my Ranger 30 had gotten wet and rotted. As part of the process of replacing the core from the underside, the soft liner had to come down (it was in bad shape anyway), and, as you say, it prevents access to deck hardware fasteners. I replaced it with a thin fiberglas panel material (can't remember the name, but bought it at Lowe's). I fastened ash furring strips to the overhead and then supported the fiberglas panels with teak strips. Looks good and easy to take down for access. Jim Bordeaux Ranger 30 NUANCE

B

Barnacle Bill

I know where you can buy one

Sailing Specialties has a number of plastic items which include instrument panel housings. I installed one in a Ranger 30 with an Atomic 4 last year. It was a little smaller than the original, but with a teak framework to close up the difference, it worked perfectly. There was enough space on the surface to cut all the necessary holes to accomodate the ignition switch, instrument heads, etc. Find them at: sales@sicustomplastics.com www.ssicustomplastics.com 301-373-2372 It is called a recessed control panel. You will have to look and see what they have and measure it up to what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.