Ranger 24?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brian

I saw a Ranger 24 on Yachtworld. It looks like a really neat boat. I'm shopping but I can't find any info on it. Displacement, headroom, rating, nothing! Can anyone send me a lnk? Cheers, Brian

B

Brian

R-24

There are two R-24s on yachtworld right now. I see that the newest one has some basic info on it. Interesting interior layout, the same on both. The cabin house is a swept back affair. I'm curious about the headroom still. Any other info?

Apr 11, 2006
- - corpus christi, tx
RANGER 24

BUC showing 84-85-86 ranger 24 keel boats with an 8'4" beam and 4'1" draft, weighing in at 3200 lbs designed for outboard motor.

H

Harry Rowe

WRONG

There were two Ranger sailboat companies. The 24' boat was built in Kent, Wasington. Don't know where the other company was located, but built the 22 & 26 & don't know what else. HGR

D

Dave

Ranger 24 Clarification

There were two Ranger 24 models built bu a firm in Kent, Washington. One was a 1/4 Ton Class (IOR rule now defunct) and the other was a trailerable crusing boat with a clipper bow. The cruising boat has a cult following. The 1/4 tonner was almost a match for the SanJuan 24 and did have a very unconventional interior but is obviously meant to be a race boat. The firm name was Ranger boats. It had nothing to do with the Califorinia Rangers designed by Gary Mull as part of the Bangor Punta conglomerate.

B

Brian

nope

Please read the posts. There were two Ranger boat companies. Cheers

May 20, 2004
Ranger 23 Sequim WA
(Kent) Ranger 24 exists

Ray Richards of Seattle designed several boats in the mid '70s, built in Kent WA by Ranger Boats (not to be confused with Ranger Yachts). There is a 20', 24' and 26' Kent Ranger and a small dinghy. They are distinctively different from Gary Mull designs. Ranger Yachts, a sister company of Cal Boats, were built (mostly) in Costa Mesa CA by Jack Jensen who sold to Bangor Punta who owned several other famous brands, which in turn sold to Lier/Siegler and then went out of business. Before they did so they imported a French built/design called the Ranger Fun 23. Having sailed my Ranger 23 with a Kent Ranger 24, although the boats look very different, I can say they perform similarly. Each design had both short and tall rig versions so if you compare performance you need to know which one you're comparing to

Status
Not open for further replies.