Rail Dia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 24, 2009
Catalina 310 Sturgeon Bay, WI
I bought a new dingy at the boat show with a nice new 6hp 4-cycle. (48#) and thought I might want to upgrade my mount to carry the motor. Anyone know for sure what the stern rail tube dia is? I am looking at the unit sold by Edison, (would love to find one used as they are kind of $$$$) but did not think my little white plastic mount would do the trick any longer.

Thanks Russ

CCHer

Jul 7, 2010
Beneteau 37 Cranes Creek, VA
One inch. I made one with some left over teak from my door project and ended up drilling 1 1/8" holes though. A tad bit of slop when the motor's not mounted but tight when it is. I have a 2 stroke that weighs about 60 lbs. If interested in a homemade solution let me know, I'll take a picture to post when the rain stops.

Aug 24, 2009
Catalina 310 Sturgeon Bay, WI
Harry
I am a sailor, always interested in the homemade solution. Thank you
Russ
s/v Long Story

CCHer

Jul 7, 2010
Russ, I made it from two pieces of 7/8" teak. It measures approximately 6X7. After cutting to size, I clamped the two pieces together on the drill press and drilled the hole through one side then carefully measured and drilled through the other side using a 1 1/8 spade bit (which wasn't long enough to go through all the way from one side for the horizontal hole). Then dilled from the bottom until it intersected the horizontal hole. Then drilled for the screws and recessed the nuts. I think I used #10 screws and had to cut them off a litttle so they wouldn't stick out. Used 3 or 4 coats of my favorite stuff-Cetol.

Attachments

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Russ, I made it from two pieces of 7/8" teak. It measures approximately 6X7. After cutting to size, I clamped the two pieces together on the drill press and drilled the hole through one side then carefully measured and drilled through the other side using a 1 1/8 spade bit (which wasn't long enough to go through all the way from one side for the horizontal hole). Then dilled from the bottom until it intersected the horizontal hole. Then drilled for the screws and recessed the nuts. I think I used #10 screws and had to cut them off a litttle so they wouldn't stick out. Used 3 or 4 coats of my favorite stuff-Cetol.
Nice!

CCHer

Jul 7, 2010
A Nissan 8 HP 2 stroke that I've had for years. Weighs about 60#. More HP than I need but I get there fast.:dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.