Radar Pole Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joe Beck

I recently purchased a Raytheon, SL70 series radar system. I am going to mount it on the stern of my boat. I am looking for anyone who has information as to where I can purchase the hardware and pole. Is there hardware made specifically for a Hunter 376, or will I have to have something made. If anyone has any pictures that they are willing to share, I would appreciate it.

K

Kurt Madsen

Pole Mount

Go online to Edson, or get their catalog, They have all the mounts and accessories. I am planning on getting an Radar as well. I just can't make up my mind as to which one. The pole mount seems like the way to go. Edson also has a bunch of additional things you can put on the pole. Lights, davit arm.

J

James M Trammell

AFT

Mine is on the stern and used the Edson post, deck mounted with two lateral supports. Post also holds a hoist---works fine... Jim Trammell s/v Miss Sue

M

Mark Juetten

Where?

Where on the aft deck. 376"s have all lockers there. I think a hinged moun with lateral suport might do the job but am interested.

P

Paul

Check out Practical Sailor

The April 15, 2001 issue has your article. In a nutshell the Yacht Specialties Northwest (ph 253.874.8197) came in first at about $1000, and second was Garhauer for about $250, vs Edison & Forespar at about $2000. Spend the $20-30 for s subscription or go to www.practicalsailor.com and buy the single issue. Its $$ well spent. I bought the Garhauer ball bearing jib cars & solid vang per PS reccomendations and they are top notch and better & cheaper than Harken. Raed the article & you decide. Good luck PJ

Status
Not open for further replies.