Radar on a 340/336

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

David Mackenzie

Any suggestions for fitting radar to a 336/340. I'm considering the JRC 1000, and wondered how people have fitted them. Where did you put the radar dome, and where did you put the display.

R

Rodney

Radar on 336

I bought my 336 in November and it had a Raytheon unit installed at that time. The dome is on the front of the mast, about half-way up. The previous owner had the screen at the nav station, a pretty worthless location in my opinion. I recently had a guy fabricate an heavy aluminum support to attach the screen to the front side of the cockpit table support. He also placed the GPS and auto pilot displays in the housing and interfaced the entire package. Slick, and very accessible. ( I do not yet have the bill so it may be less slick when it comes time to pay.)

P

Pete

radar mount

I have a 336 with Rathon radar the dome is mounted just above the lower set of spreaders and the display is mounted on top of the console just ahead of the wheel. works well for us !

D

Don Alexander

Radar Installation

David, Please contact me. I have just completed a comparison of radars under £1000 for PBO and also am about to fit a JRC 1000 to my 376 Don Alexander donalex@compuserve.com

S

Scott

me too!

Our radar is a ratheon radome mounted just below the spreaders and the display mounted in the cockpit on the pedestal. For the most part I like it however it is now 3 years old and there have been some nice advances in gps/radar display technology. I'm coming your way this weekend hows the wind? Scott

M

Mike Kinney

Yup, Raytheon

It's an SL72 and works very well. The radar dome is about two feet above the lower spreaders and the display is mounted at the forward end of the console.

D

DENNIS CHERONE

RADAR PLACEMENT

WE PUT A FURUNO 16 MI SET ON OUR 340. THE ANTENNA IS ON THE MAST AT THE FIRST SPREADER. I HAD THE DISPLAY MOUNTED ON THE PEDESTAL WHERE THERE WAS A HAND HOLD. I MOVED THE HAND HOLD TO THE FRONT OF THE PEDESTAL. THIS WAY THE DISPLAY IS HIGH ENOUGH TO SEE CLEARLY SITTING OR STANDING. THE DISPLAY IS WATERPROOF. I NEED IT WHEN IT'S FOGGY AS WE HAVE TO CROSS SHIPPING LANES TO AND FROM CATALINA AND AROUND L.A. HARBOR. GOOD LUCK. DENNIS

Status
Not open for further replies.