Racing mainsail and genoa.

madmax

.
Aug 14, 2024
55
Catalina 320 568 Long Beach Shoreline Marina
I purchased a Catalina 320 last June, and it came with a three-year-old Ullman FiberPath Plus Grand Prix mainsail and genoa. I have a receipt from the previous owner showing that he paid $6,400 for the mainsail alone (I can't find a receipt for the genoa).

I've tried sailing with these carbon sails, but I don't like them because they are way too large and difficult to "fold" when the mainsail is down on the boom. Also, I don't race.

How can I sell them to the right people who might be interested?
 

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
24,765
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
The right price is the one you can find someone willing to pay. Try your number or best offer. If a lot of interest you know, the number was too low. Anyone interested in those sails will know the value and will assess the quality when they inspect them. You might contact Ullman and ask their opinion, before you post your for sale ad message. I would make sure of the sail dimensions and include them in the ad. They may work on another boat as well as yours.
 

Dave

Forum Admin, Gen II
Staff member
Feb 1, 2023
129
One option is to post the sails in the Classifieds here on SBO.

Posting a for sale item is not permitted, the post will be deleted and the poster runs the risk of being suspended.
 

colemj

.
Jul 13, 2004
1,140
Dolphin Catamaran Dolphin 460 Mystic, CT
I'd try shopping them around local racing clubs and organizations.
 

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
24,765
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
post your for sale ad message.
Oh no the admin has seen the words and warnings are announced.

Of course as a new member, since 2024, you have read the SBO rules. You know you can post a “for sale” item in the classifieds or on Microsoft Marketplace. Maybe produce a Facebook page or reach out to a local club and present them with a bulletin board post. Perhaps useful would be a ChatGPT ad script helping you to market the sails.

Just heed the warnings and follow the rules. :biggrin: