R20 centerboard

dbax

May 21, 2018
Ranger 20 Seattle
Hello,
I have been reading through some documentation I got with my new used boat regarding the centerboard. One of the things I've seen is this is removable and this could pose a problem, like loosing it.

I saw there was a technical service bulletin about this but I cannot find it anywhere on the web. I assume this would have something regarding a retro fit to prevent this from happening. Does anyone have more info on this?

Any preventative measures or maintenance to take into consideration?

May 16, 2020
Ranger 20 Spokane
Hi There,
Were you able to find any more info? The previous owner of my R20 (very) carefully installed a "pin" in the centerboard so that it would never fall through. I wouldn't be able to draw pictures of it, but I might be able to take some pictures if I can figure out how to get the camera down there. Let me know if that might be helpful. The issue I have had with mine is that it doesn't drop immediately when I try to lower it. I hear a sound like it's rubbing against the side of the housing and doesn't drop.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I am unfamiliar with your model boat. Can you post a picture of your situation? It's pretty concerning if your CB pin is known to break or come out while sailing. I'll bet @Crazy Dave Condon would know how to address this problem. He's a highly knowledgeable retired dealer for numerous model boats. His encyclopedic knowledge about stuff like that is amazing. If he doesn't know, he'll know who will know.

-Will (Dragonfly)