Quite a Feat for Anyone . . .

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
not just one for a 77 year old retired math teacher who has been sailing for less than 30 years. Truly an amazing and emotional ending that I witnessed this afternoon. After 339 days, Jeanne Socrates returned to Victoria, BC where she started her solo, non-stop, unassisted around the world trip. She originally planned to be back in Victoria near the end of March. That extended into May . . . then July then finally early September. After laying off the entrance to the Juan de Fuca for 3 days she finally found enough wind to bring her home, albeit the last 6 nm took 7 hours. Three hundred and thirty-nine days without her feet touching ground, without any assistance and always under sail. And I am looking for a nice hot shower after a week of anchoring. Shame on me.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Looking for a shower..... Shame on me.
No. If you are looking for a shower the folk nearby are hoping you find your moment with the water.

That is some feat. Congrats to Jeanne. May she enjoy her return to land.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Sitting at a bar the other day I sipped a beer and observed a guy chatting up a couple of ladies. They commented about shower taking and body odor. He replied no that it was work sweat. Pheromones of man. Designed to attract inclined ladies.

As the discussion progressed it became evident that the pheromones were not working.