Quieting the SLAP SLAP SLAP under the transom

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim Larson

We had our first night on our Hunter 260 and found that being near the transom it was quite noisy. This was due to small ripples and waves slapping the hull from the outside. It seems like I've seen some kind of device to temporarily put around the outside of the transom at water level to supress these ripples. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Where do I find such an item? Thanks, Jim

B

Bob Knott

Slap Silencer, right here on HOW

Best $200 I ever spent on my 380. Got to the store and buy one, you'll be glad you did! Bob Knott h380

B

Bryan C.

Wine works

I find a couple glasses of wine before I go to bed and I don't notice that slap slap slap at all. Of course, too many glasses and you get slap slap slap in the head in the morning ... :)

J

Jim Rushing

Slap Silencer

Buy a slap silencer as they really to work. Best investment that I made for my boat.

W

Wynn Ferrel

Slap Silencer available on HOW

I ordered my Slap Silencer from the HOW site. If you buy, suggest you do the same and support the folks who maintain this site. I have been extremely pleased with the Slap Silencer. The small amount of time it takes you to fit and secure it to the transom is small price to pay for a good nights rest. It is make of fast drying material so if you need to close up and go home, it should dry in a couple of hours in the sun. Wynn Ferrel S/V Tranquility

Status
Not open for further replies.