'Quick' water heater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed6989

Jul 6, 2006
- - Amble
Unfortunately I cannot ask the previous owner as he is very sadly deceased. I understand this B331 was built in France for the previous (Scottish) owner. It has come to the time when winter jobs should be carried out, one of which is that the heater should be drained to avoid frost damage, the anodes should be checked and replaced if necessary. Has anyone done this and can they offer any tips? Confession time. I understand the water heater can operate from shore power as well as engine heat (which works fine) I have never discovered how to connect/switch on the heater duuh! I thank you in advance for your pearls of wisdom. Ed

Jun 13, 2004
Beneteau 361 Stockton, MO
Hot water

To winterize the hot water heater, turn off the water pressure pump, open the drain on the back/bottom of the water heater -- it looks like an outdoor water faucet and should have a hose attaches that drains into the bilge (if it doesn't, you should add one) -- then open the pressure relief valve on the back/top of the water heater. The water in the tank will then drain out. When this is completed, close the water heater inlet line so water can't go into the tank. Repressurize you water system, pump remaining water out, then add the antifreeze. You don't want to get the antifreeze in your hot water heater because if any is left in when you reheat again, it'll really stink the place up. There is an after market item that makes bypassing the hot water heater very easy -- it's worth the install. As for using it with shore power, it should be on a seperate AC switch that you must turn on -- it's on the main AC panel. If it's still not working, the heating element could be burned out. This most often happens when people turn the hot water heater on in spring and forget to make sure it has water in it. It's not that hard to replace, which I learned the hard way!

Status
Not open for further replies.