Quick Note to the C310 IA Members

Dec 16, 2011
Catalina 310 Atlantic Highlands
Good morning to C310 IA members, future members, and readers of this forum! I just wanted to pass the word that the Membership list up on the C310 IA web page has gotten a bit out of date. As our Association members know, I recently became the Secretary / Treasurer / Webmaster for the C310 IA, and I am going to have to dig deep into my past with HTML to edit those lists and get the latest names up there. If you have recently sent in a check and you don't see your name up there, that is why. I am planning to take a hard look at it this weekend and will have the latest data up there next week. Thanks for your patience!

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
When the snow melts...Our attention turns to the boat and SAILING!
There is 2 1/2 feet of Ice on Lake Erie Now which will take a month to melt off..
at least...We are usually in the water in beginning of April.
And BTW if you have not registered your boat please do so, Costs nothing but helps everyone out. We thank you!

Last edited:

KZW

May 17, 2014
Catalina 310 #307 Bluewater Bay, FL
Curt,

I mailed a check on 21 Dec 14 and have heard nothing. It cleared my bank on 26 Jan 15.

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina 310 #147 Oakville Yacht Squadron
When the snow melts...Our attention turns to the boat and SAILING! There is 2 1/2 feet of Ice on Lake Erie Now which will take a month to melt off.. at least...We are usually in the water in beginning of April. And BTW if you have not registered your boat please do so, Costs nothing but helps everyone out. We thank you!
Again; if you ever see fit to accept US money orders not drawn on a US bank (not a lot of US banks in Canada) I will rejoin.
As to registering, I was a member and Tech contributor for several years but the year I didn't renew; hull #147 disappeared from the listing.
Peter
2001 C310 #147
For Pete's Sake

Nov 18, 2013
Catalina 310 Campbell River
I feel the same as Peter. I was a member but as soon as you wanted only US bank money orders I dropped the member ship. I know that there are very few C310 in Canada but a money order made out in US funds should be OK but then you make the rules and rules can change if you want members.

Leo Lambert
C310 hull 44
White Tara

Dec 16, 2011
I feel the same as Peter. I was a member but as soon as you wanted only US bank money orders I dropped the member ship. I know that there are very few C310 in Canada but a money order made out in US funds should be OK but then you make the rules and rules can change if you want members.
I think in this case it is our bank's rules we are having an issue with. I need to give them a call to see how best to handle this situation.

Jan 22, 2008
I think in this case it is our bank's rules we are having an issue with. I need to give them a call to see how best to handle this situation.
Or change banks. We are the biggest trading partners on the planet; this might have been acceptable in 1999 but is completely arcane.

Jan 22, 2008
I feel the same as Peter. I was a member but as soon as you wanted only US bank money orders I dropped the member ship. I know that there are very few C310 in Canada but a money order made out in US funds should be OK but then you make the rules and rules can change if you want members. Leo Lambert C310 hull 44 White Tara
Where are you located Leo?
For Pete's Sake plys the waters of Lake Ontario out of Oakville Yacht Squadron
C310 Hull 147

Nov 18, 2013
Peter we sail out of Campbell River BC but live in Courtenay.
Sail the Gulf Islands and Desolation Sound.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Or change banks. We are the biggest trading partners on the planet; this might have been acceptable in 1999 but is completely arcane.
We've had this problem, too. Easier said than done. Give your officers some slack, man.

Clydo

May 28, 2013
Catalina C310 SF Bay/Delta
Contact member in association

Good morning to C310 IA members, future members, and readers of this forum! I just wanted to pass the word that the Membership list up on the C310 IA web page has gotten a bit out of date. As our Association members know, I recently became the Secretary / Treasurer / Webmaster for the C310 IA, and I am going to have to dig deep into my past with HTML to edit those lists and get the latest names up there. If you have recently sent in a check and you don't see your name up there, that is why. I am planning to take a hard look at it this weekend and will have the latest data up there next week. Thanks for your patience!
We sincerely appreciate all the work you put in all the positions. Don't know
how you do it. Along the lines of Association Members how would I contact
a member on the list who might have a boat nearby. In this case
Rio Vista, CA

Clyde Thorington
San Jose, CA

Dec 16, 2011
We sincerely appreciate all the work you put in all the positions. Don't know
how you do it. Along the lines of Association Members how would I contact
a member on the list who might have a boat nearby. In this case
Rio Vista, CA

Clyde Thorington
San Jose, CA
Clyde,

You can search through the membership by state here. If there is someone you want to contact just let me know at curtis.sawyer@gmail.com and I'll facilitate an introduction.

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
its more than likely the banking process from us to ca ...i used to do business with a canadian company and when i paid my invoices it would take as much a 6 weeks to process the paper from me to them ...you may want to look into taking a credit card of some kind but that will cost about 5% on the dollar ...good luck with your desicion

Jan 22, 2008
I have a Amazon M/C if the Association will accept that.
On the other hand; it boggles my mind (well maybe just frustrates me) that a bank draft in USD is unacceptable.
Peter

Aug 24, 2009
Catalina 310 Sturgeon Bay, WI
What about ACH? The issue some banks have with a bank draft is that exchange rates change from the time of the draft, mailing, and deposit the value could fluctuate in a disfavored direction. If in their favor they are all happy and good. ACH is the fee free version of Wire Transfer, happens within 24 hours and meets the USA Money Laundering Test.

Nov 18, 2013
When you purchase a bank draft you pay the current exchange rate and the note is the value of the currency amount you requested. Also you now have some Canadian Banks that are in the US ie TD, BMO I'm sure that they would except a bank note made out in USD from Canada.