Quick Cruising Poll

Feb 13, 2021
Bavaria 46 Cruiser Pachi
Hey everyone, I've always wondered how people see cruising. So let me do a quick poll; will be fun!
When you go on a sailing cruise what is the one item you bring that you can’t do without?

When you go on a sailing cruise what is the one thing you can’t bring but miss the most?

Which activity you’d like to do but is unavailable on your boat?

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
I always bring my spouse. Other stuff, not missed much. Usually happy the TV isn't on board. Mainly we just need more time on board. 31 or 32 days is the most we manage.

Feb 3, 2015
Marlow Hunter 37 Reefpoint Marina Racine, WI
1. Wife
2. Dog
3. Haven’t found anything yet.

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
1. Coffee
2. High speed internet
3. Nothing

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Jan 8, 2015
MacGregor 26S, Goman Express 30 Kerr Reservoir
When you go on a sailing cruise what is the one item you bring that you can’t do without?

Drink cooler.

When you go on a sailing cruise what is the one thing you can’t bring but miss the most?

A/C

Inside shower.

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
Charts

Automatic Clothes washer/dryer

Unlimited hot water showers

dj

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
1). My phone: It is my primary chart plotter. I also have a designated hand held GPS as a back up. I also have local marinas and local CG station numbers stored on my phone before I leave for a new cruising ground. I also use my phone to watch Netflix when at anchor. VHF also falls in category 1 and I have a back up for it as well

2). AC

3). When we get caught out on a cold rainy day, it would be nice to have a cockpit enclosure and a space heater.

Feb 13, 2021
Bavaria 46 Cruiser Pachi
Thanks to all of you for the great replies. The drinks cooler, I can really relate to that. I also think that there is no such thing as enough water onboard.
Keep them coming!

Apr 26, 2015
S2 26 Mid On Trailer
Just so everyone knows, I gave odd answers because I have no idea who this person is and the only Pachi I'm aware of is in Iran, not that there is anything wrong with that as Seinfeld said.

Feb 13, 2021
Bavaria 46 Cruiser Pachi
Just so everyone knows, I gave odd answers because I have no idea who this person is and the only Pachi I'm aware of is in Iran, not that there is anything wrong with that as Seinfeld said.
I guess my bad for not introducing myself properly. I come from Greece, and have been involved with sailing for the past couple of years (you could call me a "late bloomer" in that respect as I'm already in my 40s), but what actually started as an interesting pastime, has gotten me involved quite heavily to the point that I am thinking of starting a cruising business. In that respect, you probably understand, I have millions of questions, however the most important ones -I believe- have to do with what make people so passionate about sailing holidays. Enter this quick cruising poll...
If it's all the same to you let me elaborate a little bit on that. I feel, if I really am to proceed with this business, I need to understand what people look for in cruising that they probably have not been offered by the established chartering companies. What in your opinion is missing from your experience when chartering a sailing yacht?

Dec 29, 2008
Treworgy 65' LOA Custom Steel Pilothouse Staysail Ketch St. Croix, Virgin Islands
The Admiral
Nothing
A welding machine

Aug 2, 2005
Pearson 33-2 & Typhoon 18 Seneca Lake
Welcome Yachtosopher,

Your explanation will probably bring out a different sort of answer. Those prior answers were most likely related to sailing on one's own boat. It is likely people would have other thoughts if they were on a chartered boat.

We have been to Greece, but that was many years ago. We loved the water, the ferry travel, the history, the colorful buildings and exciting people. I think I could still ask for the beverages our members have wanted to take along on the boat. "Kali spera!" "Dio Alpha, para kalo."

Accurate charts are always important.

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
I guess my bad for not introducing myself properly. I come from Greece, and have been involved with sailing for the past couple of years (you could call me a "late bloomer" in that respect as I'm already in my 40s), but what actually started as an interesting pastime, has gotten me involved quite heavily to the point that I am thinking of starting a cruising business. In that respect, you probably understand, I have millions of questions, however the most important ones -I believe- have to do with what make people so passionate about sailing holidays. Enter this quick cruising poll...
If it's all the same to you let me elaborate a little bit on that. I feel, if I really am to proceed with this business, I need to understand what people look for in cruising that they probably have not been offered by the established chartering companies. What in your opinion is missing from your experience when chartering a sailing yacht?
As @31seahorse said above, this is a very different question. The answers here (well, for sure at least mine) are based on sailing one's own boat.

I would not be able to answer this question, I've never gone on a commercial cruise and there is almost no chance of that ever changing in my lifetime as I have 0 interest in going on one.

dj