QUESTION

Aug 11, 2011
O'day 30 313 Georgetown MD
What was the brand of transducer and knot meter used as original equipment. Any help would be appreciated.

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
Most electronics manufacturers use Airmar Transducers. Most even u8se the same model, to a point. But to be sure you should contact the manufacturer of your unit and get the model number from them, or someone else on here that has the same unit you are trying to hook up.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
@twodzusfittings are beginning to see a pattern? Most electronics equipment was supplied by the dealer not OEM hardware. Then through the years the suppliers of choice varied.

Airmar is the granddaddy that has stuck around. Dominate in the industry.

Is there a reason to search out the "Original"equipment? Can you not see the name or a seriel number on the hardware?

Even if you have a brand name, often the manufacturer could be Airmar with a branding agreement.

Aug 11, 2011
My knot meter impeller is broken and I'm looking to replace it. I have found images of the unit, however the included o rings in the replacement kits look to be all different sizes. I was hoping to narrow it down.

Attachments

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
That’s a different impeller design than we had on the Data Marine instruments. That’s more like the shape of our current Airmar transducer.

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
That’s a different impeller design than we had on the Data Marine instruments. That’s more like the shape of our current Airmar transducer.
That’s the paddlewheel of a speed log transducer. If you pulled out the transducer and inserted in the blank, measure the diameter of the transducer and the wheel then web search for a matching paddlewheel. I don’t think there are many sizes. Looks about the same as mine, which is Airmar, etc.

• Helpful
Aug 11, 2011
I had already thought about what Kings Gambit suggested, however that kind of search doesn't work. The search results I was able to get show many styles, however no OD or ID measurements given, nor the O ring size listed. Next time I'm in Annapolis I'll go to Bacon and see what they have. Thanks to those that responded.

Aug 11, 2011
So I bought a kit that showed a similar knot transducer. However as suspected, the paddle is identical, but the O rings way too large.

Jan 22, 2008
Oday 30 Stamford CT
I purchased my 1983 30' O'day new in Jan 1984 and instruments were not an option from the factory. I purchased my Data marine knot and depth meters from my O'Day dealer who installed them. Knotmeters and depth finders similar in appearance to the original Data Marine units as well as parts and repairs are available from DMI Marine in Middleborough, MA.