Question regarding sanitation hose size and length

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2004
Hunter 44 Middle River
I recently purchased a 2006 H44. The boat has the the original sanitation hoses which I want to replace and two Jabsco Quite Flush heads.
The forward head has a waste line run of approx 17 feet (including the loop), The aft head has a waste line run of approx 11 feet. (including the loop)
The waste hose attached to each head is 1 inch. The holding tank fitting is 1.5 inch. Approximately 3 feet from each head, hunter installed a 1" to 1.5" adapter:eek:. See picture.
A majority of each waste hose run length is actually 1.5".

I would like replace both hoses using all 1 inch hose and move the adapter to the fitting on the holding tank.

My question is will the Jabsco electric Quite Flus have any issues pushing effluance 17 feet through a 1 inch hose?

Attachments

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
I would like replace both hoses using all 1 inch hose and move the adapter to the fitting on the holding tank.
First off, let me be sure I understand this correctly. You're only talking about head discharge hose here, is that correct ? If that's the case, I would very strongly recommend you research the archives on heads with particular emphasis on Peggy Hall's articles on marine sanitation systems.

First, head sanitation hose is NEVER less than 1-1/2" dia. Run your hoses directly to the 1-1/2" fittings on the tank. That's why the fittings ARE 1-1/2" dia.

Second, I don't think that's the original marine sanitation hose from the Hunter factory. It's actually cheap vent hose and you don't want sewage sitting in there inside your boat. Real sanitation hose is around $10.00 / ft. while vent hose is around $0.80 / ft.

Running new sanitation hose hose in a boat is a real bear and you don't want to have to do it again in a year or so because of permeation and blockage.

Apr 14, 2010
Jeanneau 42DS Larnaca Marina
Since the Jabsco quite flush has a built-in macerator, you can and should use a 1" discharge hose all the way to the tank or thru-hull. If you don't have a macerator at the bowl then you MUST use a 1-1/2" hose.
Lee

Jan 10, 2009
PDQ 32 Deale, MD
Certainly move up to a better grade of sanitation hose. Trident 101/102, Shields Poly-X, or Raritain Sani-flex. Sealand's white hose does not come in 1-inch and the 148 white hose is the reason you are doing this job. And no silicone sealant; that will only make it more likely to leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.