Question for Yamaha 8T and 9.9T owners

Bosman

Oct 24, 2010
Solina 27 Wabamun, Alberta
Hi all,
As the title suggests, I am looking for information on distance from the centre of the prop hub to the underside of cavitation plate for Yamaha high thrust models 8T and 9.9T. Also, prop diameter (high thrust models only).

If you can help, please post the information.

Cheers!

JerryA

Oct 17, 2004
Tanzer 29 Jeanneau Design Sandusky Bay, Lake Erie
Check prop list?

I have the "F" model 8hp. That being said, a few years ago I was looking at putting a "T" lower unit on my 8F so I could get the Dual-Thrust prop. I think the Yamaha prop list gives the prop diameters of the "T" props for the 8 & 9.9. Maybe that will help answer your quetion? I bought a Dual-Thrust for my 8F. What a big difference!

JerryA

Mar 6, 2012
Hunter H33 (limited edition cabin top) Bayou Chico
yamaha is probably better about this but i had a honda 15 on my h-27 and could not find a low enough pitch prop to make me happy, searched for months before giving up, pretty much all outboards are just not made for sailboats any bigger than 23-25 feet, if you need more than the 9hp to feel comfortable then its time for an inboard or to just live with the lower rpm range and slipping the prop some.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
If you don't get enough answers, I can go to the boat and measure mine. Have to put the dinghy in the water otherwise I may fall in trying to reach over the stern. I have a 9.9.

Apr 8, 2010
Ericson Yachts Olson 34 28400 Portland OR
I used a Yamaha 10 Hi Thrust OB on our prior boat for about 8 years. 25 inch leg. Great motor. The spec. on the big-bladed three blade prop was 11 3/4" diameter.

Loren

Bosman

Oct 24, 2010
Solina 27 Wabamun, Alberta
Many thanks for info regarding the prop diameter on the 8T and 9.9T Yamaha models.
Brian D - if you have a chance to measure the distance from the centre of the hub to the underside of the cavitation plate, it would be most helpful. I tried to visit the local Yamaha dealer, but their outboards are out of the showroom for the winter and have been replaced with snow mobiles.