Pushpit hollow bolt

Apr 8, 2010
Frers 33 41426 Westport, CT
During a MOB drill last summer someone managed to overstress the hollow bolt that attaches one piece of my pushpit to deck, the part where my stern light power wires run through, and it snapped in half.

1990 Hunter 27

Does anyone know where I can get another one?

Apr 8, 2010
Was hoping someone already knew of a supplier that had the original part so I didn't have to spend hours trying to A) first determine exactly what size it is, which I can't currently do until the cover comes off since it requires taking the entire port pushpit off and removing the stern light wiring to get access to it, and B) not re-invent the wheel to find a supplier that carries the as yet unknown size correct part

ALNims

Jul 31, 2014
Hunter 356 Huis Ten Bosch Marina, Sasebo, Japan
Was hoping someone already knew of a supplier that had the original part so I didn't have to spend hours trying to A) first determine exactly what size it is, which I can't currently do until the cover comes off since it requires taking the entire port pushpit off and removing the stern light wiring to get access to it, and B) not re-invent the wheel to find a supplier that carries the as yet unknown size correct part
Have you tried Hunter Tech Support?

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
That's my suggestion.... Hunter should be able to get you the part, also. If not... another reason to own a catalina.

Feb 8, 2014
Columbia 36 Muskegon
I'm trying to envision how this needs a hollow bolt. I take it the tubes just end at the deck with no base flanges, and are held by bolts running up through the deck? Cleaner looking for sure, but the stresses would be concentrated on a 1" foot print instead of the 3" for a regular base. Obviously not very strong, especially the tube with the wires in it. I would think it would be more likely to cause stress cracks in the fiberglass as well. More prone to leaks too.

Apr 8, 2010
I'm trying to envision how this needs a hollow bolt. I take it the tubes just end at the deck with no base flanges, and are held by bolts running up through the deck? Cleaner looking for sure, but the stresses would be concentrated on a 1" foot print instead of the 3" for a regular base. Obviously not very strong, especially the tube with the wires in it. I would think it would be more likely to cause stress cracks in the fiberglass as well. More prone to leaks too.
correct on the design, but it's a reinforced section of deck and has a large backing washer under the deck. no sign of cracking or stress. The weak link being the bolt itself.

no leaks, they sealed it with butyl, it's barely even leaked since the bolt broke.

Will try Hunter, never actually crossed my mind to do so, this forum is usually full of far more knowledge than most companies, even the builders...

MSter

Apr 12, 2010
Sabre 38' MK II Oriental, NC
Try White Water Marine, 810-987-4837, they do marine SS, and supply stanchions, bases pullpits etc.
Mike