purcase info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBT3

Oct 24, 2008
- - -
Hello, I looking @ purchasing either a 1990 P38 or a 1987 P39-2. I have sailed my years on my families Columbia 36 and now wish to purchase my own. I'm looking for advise from fellow owners for information on the things to be aware of with this brand (ie. problems/issues as well as good things). We sail the Chesapeake mostly and plan on taking some extended cruises south to the Carolinas. The main thing I don't want is to purchase a problem. That said a survey and a engine analysis will be done. Thanks for the help.

Ariel

Feb 1, 2006
Pearson 36-2 Houston, TX / Rock Hall, MD
We have cruised on our 1987 P36-2 for fifteen years now and love it. We keep our boat in the Chesapeake and have sailed to Texas and back, to Maine and back and numerous cruises to New England and the Carolinas. All without and problems other than normal wear and tear.

The P38-2 is the same hull, deck and rig as the 36-2, with an extended transom and small changes in the interior. The 39-2 is the same boat, just longer. All are excellent sailors. All were offered as a centerboard, wing keel or deep keel. The deep keel is a bit limiting for the bay. We are happy with the centerboard on ours. Find one that has been cared for and you will be happy.

You can get a lot of info on the boats from:

www.pearsoninfo.net

www.pearsoncurrent.com

Happy sailing
s/v Ariel

Status
Not open for further replies.