Pull a Perkins out of a Morgan 33' OI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2005
- - Cedar Key, Fl
Is there anyone out there that has pulled a Perkins out of a 33' Morgan OI sailboat? It does not seem that it would be an easy task. It appears that one would have to disassemble the Galley and part of the engine to get it out. I would also like to converse with anyone that has a 33' OI. I have no information on this boat and any help would be appreciated. Daniel

S

Scott Anagnoste

Morgan 33 OI

I just had mine pulled out. They had to disassemble it and remove part of the galley. Neither my engine nor my boat came with any documentation and I've never been able to find any plans. Good luck.

D

David Carl

Another way

I saw a web site a few years ago, the boat was in Mexico and the owner cut the deck out above the engine and installed a hatch. He was very proud of the hatch. Either his steering console was already located all the way back or he recolated it. Sorry I cann't remember the web site.

Sep 27, 2005
- - Cedar Key, Fl
What Kind of Morgan Do You Have, Scott

Hey Scott, What kinda Morgan do you have? And What kind of engine did you have taken out? Did you have it rebuilt or have a new one installed? How long did it take to pull the engine? and How long to put it back in? Appreciate any info that you have, Thanks for your time. Daniel Trochio dttrochio@bellsouth.net

B

Bob Tigar bjtigar@netzero.net

Pull engine OI33

I pulled my engine a few years ago. Remove the board behind the stairs. Partially disassemble the engine-remove anything that sticks out. The remainder will slide thru the opening. Then its a lift to the cockpit & out.

B

Bob Tigar

manual.for oi33

I have a manual for the o133. If enough people want it, I'd reassemble it, xerox copies and mail them for $10.00

F

Frank Saul

Morgan 33OI repower

Daniel, I have a ‘76 Morgan 33’ OI that I am going to replace the 408 Perkins in the spring. This will be the second time. The first time I made the mistake of putting in a rebuilt motor. No telling how well that was done. Now parts are hard to come by. I already bought a Vetus M4.17 for about $7500.00. Not much more then the rebuilt motor only everything is new built with new technology. I will be cutting the sink cabinet to give me more room to work. The counter tops need replacing anyway. The motor will lift out of entrance. I am still trying to think of a good way to lift the motor off of the mounting bolts and out of the compartment. I will have to re-prop the boat to match the new motor. Maybe it will back better? I am thinking 2 days to pull the motor, 2 days to clean up and paint the engine compartment, and ready the motor mounts, and a day to put the motor in. 2 or 3 days to put the sink cabinet back together. I have a manual for my boat. What type of info do you need for the boat? Frank

Sep 27, 2005
- - Cedar Key, Fl
Good Deal

Bob, I would love to have a copy of that manual. My email is dttrochio@bellsouth.net. I would not mind 10 bucks, it is more than fair. Thanks, Daniel

S

Scott Anagnoste

Morgan OI 33 manual

I would love a copy of the manual. If there is any way I could get a copy I'd be happy to pay whatever it took. Thanks, Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.