PSA: 260 Owners - Check Your Rudder Brackets

Jul 3, 2020
Hunter 260 Sarasota
After seeing a post on the Hunter 260 facebook group a few weeks ago I checked my rudder bracket and saw that on both sides the surface welds had given out on the lower rectangles. Several users there had the same issue.

We have 5 260s where I keep my boat and I saw this on 3 of the 5. Mine (photos attached) was the most minor of all of them.

The rudder is still well supported by the rest of the connections/welds, but this is something owners should check and keep an eye on. Should be an easy fix for anyone who can weld.

Attachments

Sep 29, 2008
hunter 240 Dewey beach, De
After seeing a post on the Hunter 260 facebook group a few weeks ago I checked my rudder bracket and saw that on both sides the surface welds had given out on the lower rectangles. Several users there had the same issue.

We have 5 260s where I keep my boat and I saw this on 3 of the 5. Mine (photos attached) was the most minor of all of them.

The rudder is still well supported by the rest of the connections/welds, but this is something owners should check and keep an eye on. Should be an easy fix for anyone who can weld.
I had my 1998 240 bracket redone about 12 years ago

Sep 29, 2008
hunter 240 Dewey beach, De