PROP ZINK 2011 BENETEAU 37

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
my B323 20 hp 3YM20 has a 25 mm shaft, and I'd think your boat would be larger- but maybe not. You should be able to measure the sahaft inside the hull, and it would be real close to one inch = 25mm approx.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Just measured the fixed prop that we replaced. The inside diameter of the hub (on the wider end of the taper) is 24mm.

Jan 5, 2019
Beneteau 323 City Island, NY
And just in case - I can highly recommend BoatZincs.com. Tyler Lee, the sales guy, was really helpful for getting me the right Zincs for my B 323. He knew the size the shaft and when I sent him a pix of the prop (I have a two-blade, most have 3-blades) he figured out the right one for that. Here are the contact details - jic.
The Online Superstore for Zinc Anodes
569 Main Street, Hudson MA 01749
Tel: 978-841-9978 Fax: 866-763-2628
www.boatzincs.com

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
You can also get it from amazon ,also the euro style which fits on the shaft between prop and cutless
These are both amazon Canada ,however you would get a 35% discount due to exchange as this is in Canadian dollars. I have ordered mine from amazon came within a week ,they dont stock at amazon
I don't think Beneteau goes to 30mm until you hit 38 ft

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2019
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Locust Point, NY
Thanks for the help. Looks like it is 22-25mm size. I go to try them on tomorrow. (It looks too small)

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
I switched props long ago, and couldn’t use the original prop nut/zinc. I bought a shaft collar zinc from Boatzincs.com not really concerning myself with whether the shaft diameter was 25mm or one inch which is 25.4 mm...

I really need magnesium in fresh water, and thats like trying to find a needle in a haystack. (I may as well not even use a zinc collar...not enough potential difference to be sacrificial..it still looks nearly new after several seasons.

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
Martyr lists in catalog CMC25 is zinc CMC25A Aluminum ,CMC25M magnesium which fits beneteau and is what I use.
Also CMC25EURO zinc ,CMC25EUROA Aluminum and CMC25EUROM magnesium which are slightly narrower and also fit Beneteaus .
These most likely have to be special ordered thru a marine supply as I only see the zinc ones easy to get online.
Installing one these gives you extra protection than just the prop zinc .

Last edited:

Alfa

Mar 19, 2015
Beneteau 31 North Vancouver
Beneteau prop zinc for 25mm shaft is small and it is not lasting one season is sea water. They recommend adding collar zinc in front of the prop.
I solved the problem by machining a new prop nut (for M16x1.5 thread on 25mm shaft) accepting standard prop zinc for 1” shaft. The zinc is heavier and last longer and also freed space allowing me to install rope cutter before the prop (we have lots of crab traps here).
Another advantage for me is that I can change zinc in the water holding my breath not dragging bottles (collar zinc takes longer to change and I’m over 80).

Attachments

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Beneteau prop zinc for 25mm shaft is small and it is not lasting one season is sea water. They recommend adding collar zinc in front of the prop.
I solved the problem by machining a new prop nut (for M16x1.5 thread on 25mm shaft) accepting standard prop zinc for 1” shaft. The zinc is heavier and last longer and also freed space allowing me to install rope cutter before the prop (we have lots of crab traps here).
Another advantage for me is that I can change zinc in the water holding my breath not dragging bottles (collar zinc takes longer to change and I’m over 80).
Yeah, maybe a problem with that shaft collar zinc. The reason the B zincs are less thick, is to allow cooling water up the shaft and into the cuttlass bearing.

Alfa

Mar 19, 2015
Ron, in Beneteau Oceanis, cutlass bearing is set in the stern tube and water lubricating rubber in the bearing is flowing from inside out. That’s why B Oceanis design needs water supplied to the stern tube via hose fitting (And also to insure hydrostatic pressure inside the tube is pressurising lips of the Volvo dripless shaft seal. Hydrostatic pressure is also necessary in the PSS Dripless seal or in a common packing gland stuffing box).

Minimum gap required for exit of water from the cutlass bearing is less than 1/4” (and this is taking account for marine growth).
Commonly, propeller is set not more than 1 1/2 x Shaft Dia from the support/cutlass bearing, so there is no room for standard 25mm shaft zinc.

One advantage of sailboats with cuttlass bearing installed in a strut is that cutlass bearing is self-lubricating in the water (no need for hose/barbed fitting inside the boat) and there is plenty of room on the shaft for two or more shaft zincs.

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
I actually installed a small mag pump ,water goes thru aluim block bolted to my transmission then into the stern tube keeping the transmission cool . Hurth states it takes my HBW 100 to a 150

Alfa

Mar 19, 2015
Mechone, what I liked in Hurth is that allowed me to sail with transmission locked in reverse. Now with Yanmar, I’m spinning prop. Installing good folded prop will be nice, but there is to many floating logs here.