prop strut S 299

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2012
seidelmann s 299 harrison twp
My prop strut broke at the hull I removed it but cannot find a replacement. The Buck and Algonquin [part #mss1125bo] appears to have the wrong angle.Does anyone have a fix??? Please call or e-mail Richard King @ 586-739-5096 or rlking16@wowway.com

Sep 18, 2009
Tartan 37 Classic 24 St Michaels
Call Glenn McCormick at Buck. I made the original pattern buck cast it for us.

Sep 18, 2009
Tartan 37 Classic 24 St Michaels
Richard King called me after he talked to Glen at Buck-Algonquin I enjoyed the call and it reminded me that at Seidelmann we were very much a learn by doing organization.... There were 3 different styles of struts... The first was a stainless steel fabrication there were probably less than 10 made that way. The second was a bronze casting made by Miller Marine (A quick check on Google shows they are probably not in business any longer) basically just a rounded off version of the stainless fabrication. Both the stainless and the miller strut raked forward significantly. The final strut was made by Buck-Algonquin and had almost no forward rake. If I were replacing either of the earlier struts I would use the Buck strut it is stronger and has more bearing surface than the earlier versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.