Prop rotation question

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
Nope! It's Autostream. I'm packaging it up tonight to send to Martec in Arizona. Hopefully, it will come back looking like new. The inside of everything looks pristine to me, but the blades and casing has caked-on paint. The man said he will set the pitch for my engine configuration. Replacement parts will be locking pins for the drive gear, rubber O-rings, locking wire, and a new zinc. He said to keep the propeller nut and the ss key. They don't have spare propeller nuts any longer. I'm hoping they can clean up the cap head screws as the heads seem pretty rounded. I'm not sure how the yard got them off.
While you still have a good original nut and you are waiting on the prop to get refurbed - might be a good time to get a machine shop to make you spare propeller nut...

dj

robbjd

Nov 17, 2020
Catalina 34Mk II 1344 Sarnia
I have a feathering J-Prop. It has no prop walk and does just as well in reverse as it does in fwd. This last summer, I backed out of a narrow fairway with a X wind with an audience of other boats. Once out, I had an ovation and I took my obligatory bow. Concerning maintenance, removal and install is a bit of a pain as there some small bits that lock the nut and takes some time getting it right. The yards get very specific instructions that I and I only mess with prop. The yards around here have no experience with such. The prop goes on as a complete assembly and you can even quickly change pitch while in the water.
Mark, I also have a two blade J Prop on my Catalina 34MkII. I definitely have typical prop walk (stern to port). Is yours a three blade?