Problems with login & posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2010
Guys,

I've been having problems the past 1 1/2 months with this site. I've been working with Phil Herring @ SBO, and he's a great guy & very helpful.

Unfortunately, I wrote up a post to All Sailor's/America's Cup thread & when I clicked on posting, It gave me the dreaded login window again. It was an insightful reply I wanted to post but I failed to copy it just in case. I believe it's gone now. I was interrupted with a rather lengthy phone call, and wondered if I had timed out. If so, I've had SBO opened for long periods of time in the past with no activity, but this may a first for me. It's a shame as I felt my post was good.

Anyway, here's is a copy of my problems that I originally sent Phil. Has anyone else experienced these types of problems?

TO PHIL:

I use a PC. A week ago the problems appeared. Nothing was changed on my end.
After I first logon & get the welcome message, it takes me the large logon screen & the username & password shows as blank.

I re-type my username/password, when I click it comes back to the blank logon screen.
But, my original logon worked or I wouldn't get the welcome captnron.
If I click on my control panel, then I can get into the forums.

On posting, I was always able to change fonts & sizes without the [size] & [font] imbedded in the text box.
When I preview my post, they of course don't show up.

I first logged on as you suggested, before clicking on my emailed link and it comes up in my C30 forum but again, no username & password shows.
I clicked the home tab and logged on from there. I clicked on forums and they came up but now with username & password showing.

So, if I didn't change any parameters on SO.com, I have to wonder what caused these changes, I wonder if others have experienced this also.
I did scans with 2 virus/malware programs & found nothing. I checked errors, ran CMD etc. & nothing. I am well versed in PC & internet use just to let you know I did the troubleshooting before I contacted you.

CR

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
I moved this to Site talk where Phil is more likely to see, but will also send him a PM to make sure he has a look.

LloydB

Jan 15, 2006
Macgregor 22 Silverton
captnron in the past I've also lost some posts due to unknown causes. Because I type slow and often check back on the thread before posting I will sometimes create a post on notepad and then copy it over to the reply box when done.
I had suspected that my problem may have been an unseen browser reset. Also my IP did confirm problems due to an intermittent DSL line break (they replaced two modems before finding it) Later I went back to my control panel and changed to auto log on and confirmed settings. not many problems since, except for OE faults from a prehistoric apt.

Status
Not open for further replies.