Privacy Curtain

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
We have put our boat up for the winter :( and we have brought home the privacy curtain, has anyone cleaned it and if so what did you use?
Much Thanks

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
Is this the curtain for the aft birth? I'm missing mine and would love to at least know where to get the parts that go in the track so we could at least make a new one. The shower curtain I used bleach cleaner and used it on the non slip deck. still needs work but looks better.

Apr 12, 2007
Hunter 420 Herrington Harbor South
JRT
I did a search on " curtain tracks" and got a lot of hits. Found the ones I needed for new curtains on my Hunter. Perhaps it will work for you. made 3 sets of curtains:dancing:

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
well ya, I had a moment. I just found these, maybe they would work or others confirm that these are it.

Dec 16, 2011
Catalina 310 Atlantic Highlands
The aft berth has a privacy curtain? That feature must have come along after hull #48!

Oct 3, 2011
Yes, the aft berth does have a privacy curtain at least on our hull #155, it is the same pattern as the stern berth cushions,
we are getting the cushions recovered and Eileen wanted to wash the curtain, she says she will use cold water and woolite/Ivory Snow.?
Not that I am doubting her..,..:cool::)

DaveJ

Apr 2, 2013
Catalina 310 Niagara-on-the-Lake
Yes, the aft berth does have a privacy curtain at least on our hull #155, it is the same pattern as the stern berth cushions,
Maybe it's me, but I really dislike that pattern. Our boat (hull 150) does not have the track or curtain, if it did, I would certainly replace the curtain with something more eye pleasing. We re-covered the cushions with a solid colour, complimenting the blue interior cushions....

Cheers
dj

BillyK

Jan 24, 2010
Catalina 310 Ocean City, NJ

rukidn

Apr 23, 2012
Catalina 310 258 Sandusky, OH
HI Alan,

Our hull #258 doesn't have the curtain. Would be nice to have. We DID clean the aft berth cushion covers using OxyClean seven years ago when we bought the boat. No problems then or after and it did clean up the mild mildew. You should be OK if same material. I've also used OxyClean on the pleated window shades multiple time with no issues.

Oct 3, 2011
Ed,
Our cushions had wear on a few spots that was not patchable, I am guessing it is the same material.
We used Fantastick spray on the shades which is what was recommended by the manufacterer and it worked.
Anyway ...

Attachments

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I am a big fan of Oxi-Clean. I use it on carpet spots, whites and colors in the laundry, it works on sails and is the foundational chemical in a sanitizing agent for beer brewing supplies :beer:.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 3, 2011
The final story, Eileen has Washed the curtain on the Delicate Cycle in the washing Machine with cold water with regular detergent, by themselves and they were dried outside in the sun.
They came out fine-fresh as new!