Price Watch - Online deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Carvalho

I recently purchase some K.O. Kills Odor for my head online at $22.95. I saw the very same product at West Marine for $16.00. Something stinks and I'm not sure its my head...

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Not sure if you bought that here...

... we sell 22oz of KO for $10.95 and a gallon for $39.95, which are the suggested retail prices from the manufacturer. Keep in mind that any mail order purchase will probably have shipping added to it, which West Marine does not. And, remember that Raritan sells to West Marine for approx. 33% less than they sell to us and many other online merchants. We can't compete with their prices, and make no claim to. Typically, we stay away from products sold by WM and Boat US for just that reason. Peal Products was recently acquired by Raritan, which changed that situation. If you can buy the product for less at retail, we certainly encourage you to do so. If you find it inconvenient to get to WM, we carry the product at a price which is appropriate for our deal with the manufacturer. Frankly, some manufacturers provide us small guys with good pricing so we can compete... and some don't. As for something stinking... well, that implies deceptive selling, which is certainly not the case here or at any of the online merchants we know. Finding a product available at two different prices, in two different distribution channels, does not mean the pricier supplier is ripping you off.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Price comparison

We got more and more curious about this as the day went on, so we called the local West Marine store here in Seattle. Here are the results: 22oz bottle of K.O.: $14.99 at West Marine $10.95 at CO (plus $5.00 shipping) - $15.95 total West Marine wins by 96 cents... unless your state charges sales tax, in which case (outside of Washington state) CO wins! It may not matter much to you, but we'll sleep better tonight... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.