Preparing for haul out

Oct 2, 2008
Island Packet 31 Brunswick, Ga
We are going to haul Otter out of the water later this week. The marina we will use is Green Cove Springs. Things I need to do include bottom, rigging, replace seacocks, clean or replace fuel tank/fresh water tank, pull and inspect the mast, replace some portlight's, buff and polish, etc.
the question I have is what are things I need to do to prep for haul Out? What experiences have people had. What are some resources for info?

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
investigate the marina you are going to use and make sure you are comfortable with them....i have friend here that had a haul out about a month ago .....i recommended one marina and he went the other way for a cheaper price ......now he is back in the water and his home slip and still has to redo all the work he paid for.....just know who you are dealing with and how qualified they are ...as for your boat getting it ready just put everything up in its place and turn off everything that you can ...a good haul out will be no big deal .....smooth as silk ...you may just want to go watch them lift a couple of boats to see how it goes ......

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
Determine your specified lift sling points and mark them so they can be seen from along side. Drain your water tanks. Pump and double flush you waste tanks.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Aside from what has been mentioned, make sure your trailer or stands are ready. I had to buy an adapter to use an extension cord with the boat's shore power connector. They are dropping the mast for you?

Oct 30, 2011
klidescope 30t norfolk
I hope your not planning on climbing mast on hard most yards won't let you do that and its dangerous except dropping mast which is usually done before haul out rigger can't go up till boat floating

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
All I would add to the already good advice is to check where the through hull speed transducer is if you have one. If it's close to the lift points, you may want to consider replacing the transducer with the dummy plug before lifting, so that the straps can't damage the paddle wheel.

Aug 16, 2009
Hunter 1986 H31 California Yacht Marina, Chula Vista, CA
I've never actually noticed where my hull marks the sling lift points. Does anyone know where to find that on the H31?

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Usually where ever your bulkheads are are the best place for good support.
Nick

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
I've never actually noticed where my hull marks the sling lift points. Does anyone know where to find that on the H31?
Your lifting points will be specified in your owner's manual. Believe your boat has a long, exposed prop shaft that needs to be protected from lift slings.