POTENTIAL BUYER

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Douglas Dalessio

My search to trade up from my 1987 Catalina (TR) has bought me to the Hunter 33.5 and 35.5. My requirements are less than $60K, a walk through transom, minimum of 6' 2" headroom and a boat that has enough quality equipment and performance ability to do lots of club racing. Hunter seems to have incorporated real improvements in their late 80's and early 90's boats and the two I mentioned above seem to fit my basic requirements. I'm shiing away from the 336 because I don't thik the rig configuration, genoa tracks and traveler are conducive to performance. My remaining questions, to you that know the boats, are; How do they perform against other cruiser/racers and what's the deal with the different configuration I see in various pictures and brochures? (i.e. variation on transoms, hatches, doghouse & hull ports, with or without toerail, engine size, max jib size, interior layout and keel construction). I realize different years bring modifications so I guess I'm also asking which years incorporated these changes, and which changes are desirable or non-desirable. I'm actively working with a few dealers on Long Island NY and Connecticut and would like your help and suggestions. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.