Posting on behalf of new user John Fowler

David

Jun 17, 2004
Macgregor 26x Morecambe
Greetings everyone, I'm posting this on behalf of our new user, John Fowler. John informs me that he does not know how to post on the site and due to the nature of his request I'm assisting him by posting here on his behalf.

Hello, my name is john . I own a Challenger 38 and I am in need of a centerboards bronze pendent and all the bronze oval portholes, is there anybody that is dismanteling an Alden 38, I have had this boat for years restoring her she was beautiful and Thursday just before Easter a thrifty broke into her and strip her of these item and a lot more, when they took the last item to their supprise and later mine they broke the water seal and she went down in San Fransisco bay Oakland eshewarey I was and am heart sick, I hired a team of men tug boat, barge with a Crane an diver and they brought her only all our disgust to find out what happened, now all the harm was revealed we temperaley patch her by stiffing rags in the hole and cutting a half inch of a price of plywood and bolted it down, she is holding for now. I spoke the desiger Niels Hellesburg whom I was in contact with me for years, sent me this web site all my bronze Winchs, haliards, stainless chimeny stack arrester, winch handles took a hammer to my porsaln toilet, ruined my inverter and offcoures the wiring to the ice box lids, all cushions a the hatch hardware, all gangway hardware, not to mention all my personal items door knob etc. We my family and I are heart so k behind belief. Thank-you for your web site and for your time
John Fowler contact number is 510-706-8996

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
Sorry I can't help with any of your parts, but what a devastating ordeal you've been through. So sorry to read the account. Please keep us informed of your repairs, hopefully someone will have some leads to parts.