Poster's Reputation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob V

Mar 13, 2008
Catalina 42mkII Lagoon Point
OK, I understand the Sitezen Rating but what up with this Poster,s Reputation? My first question is how is this determined, possibly also one might wonder what purpose it serves.

This doesn't bother me because I am listed as an unknown quantity or something like that. It does seem wrong that Ross and Maine Sail are listed as being on a "distinquished road"...shouldn't that be "on the right tack"?

Jun 19, 2004
Catalina 387 Hull # 24 Port Charlotte, Florida
No way;;; I don't want to get in no fist fight here, but

Those guys have already been on the right track for a long time. :) In fact they were on such a right track, that they eventually had to start laying it to continue to keep going in the direction they were headed since the track ran out. Now, they are, fer sure, on the way to becoming distinguished or even beyond it. Phil just hasn't had time to figure out a better classification for them.

In my book, they are already there. Those guys are like, you know, been around and on that track for so long, that they were Road Guards for the Three Wise Men while sail boats were being invented:dance::D:dance:

Hang around, you'll find out ;)

Last edited:

Bob V

Mar 13, 2008
You misunderstood me ITM

I was not questioning their right to an excellent reputation, I too am a big fan of those guys especially Maine Sail since he taught me to polish, glaze, wax and make proper electrical conditions. My objection was the term "distinquished road". This is a sailing site and that is why I suggested that our more esteemed members should be considered to be on the "right tack" or something like that rather than and kind of road except perhaps for trailer sailors. If you guys prefer "distinquished road" perhaps you would consider changing the spelling to "rode" seems more nautical.

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
Where ..

Where did you see the term "distinguished road" used? It does sound funny:D but I don't see it anywhere?

P.S. There are six people with higher site-izen ratings than me.....:dance::dance:

Timo42

Mar 26, 2007
Venture 22 Marina del Rey
Where did you see the term "distinguished road" used? It does sound funny:D but I don't see it anywhere?
Run your mouse over the green rectangle for reputation and the message will pop up. Why not just change mine to smarta** now and save the trouble later :D:poke::stirthepot:
Tim

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Re: Where ..

Put your cursor over the green dot next to Poster's Reputation.

Feb 6, 1998
Thanks Timo

Run your mouse over the green rectangle and the message will pop up.
Tim
Duh....:doh: I guess I should have known that! I suppose I've never actually rolled over that green square..:confused:

I've been working and using this in beta mode for months but still I find new features every day..!! Thanks for that Timo!

Bob V

Mar 13, 2008
Maine Sail you da man!

By whatever metrics the site chooses to use. I found the "distinquished road" term when I placed the cursor over the green box. I am listed as an unknown quantity. I can live with that, my wife calls me that all the time.

Jun 19, 2004
Catalina 387 Hull # 24 Port Charlotte, Florida
No, I wasn't Misunderstanding You in the Least Bit Bob

:D:D:D
I just had a chance to have some fun, but they are for sure distinguished indeed. That I wasn't spoofing about. Just like, I know you have, like me, learned more than how to wax and polish and do electric connections and all other kinds of stuff from him. I think sometimes that as much stuff as he knows about everything about sailing that the sail gods sent him here to learn us all mo betta.

Wheweeiee, there isn't anything that he doesn't know how to do better than me. How did you do it and learn all you did so fast Maine Sail? I mean, like you're not even 70 or 80 yet and yet you seem to know more than Olin Stevens did about sailing. How'd you do it? :)

Feb 6, 1998
Site-izen

about how it is determined and what's its purpose.
Dark no more:;)

Site-izen Rating What is a Site-izen Rating? Your Site-izen Rating is a score based on your participation in and contributions to the site. Weighted factors include:

• reputation (the #1 factor)
  • threads started
  • replies posted
  • photos and files uploaded
  • thread ratings
  • readership of your posts
  • other actions you take on the site.
All scores are based on a rolling 10 day average. Scores are relative to other users and the maximum possible score is 1000. The Activity Percentile is your 10 day activity as compared to other site users.
Awards Are based on various subsets the same factors; hopefully the titles are self-explanatory.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Using that little medal icon, you can give props to someone who helps you out, or you can give a quick boot in the butt to someone who posts a meaningless, smartass answer.

The concept is to help the forum police itself. People who give a lot to the forum are going to have high Site-izen ratings and a sterling reputation. Folks who show up only now and then to troll will have a dark icon with little green in it.

As Maine Sail says, reputation is determined solely by your peers. But... you can only give reputation input to any certain user once a week, and only five total in a day, I think.

My hunch is it will distinguish the contributors from the merely rude and sarcastic. And if it doesn't, a couple clicks at my end and pfffffft... it's gone.

BrianH

Feb 14, 2005
Hunter 44 LaSalle, MI
If it's reputation, it's spelled wrong!!!

I was trying to figure out what "Repuation" was. I figured it was some new internet term I had never heard of.

Bob V

Mar 13, 2008
Since yesterday

When I started this thread my reputation rating has gone from "unknown quantity" to "on a distinquished road". I'm flattered but I don't own a car. Guess, I'll have to borrow my wife's car or hitchhike for the time being.;)

Aug 3, 2007
Catalina 22 Milwaukee WI
Thank you

all for clearing that up for me also. I was wondering about the site-izen rating myself.

Jun 3, 2004
Oday Widgeon Ipswich, MA
Reputation is described here.

The last paragraph there says that I can disable the display of my reputation by going to Edit Options in my Control Panel. However, there is no Edit Options in the Control Panel. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.