Post Your Sunset / Sunrise

Status
Not open for further replies.

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Macgregor 26S Hobie TI Ridgway Colorado
An evening in the south end of Park County Colorado - early August a few years ago

(boats are not allowed to be operated on this lake after dark)

Attachments

jrowan

Mar 5, 2011
O'Day 35 Severn River, Mobjack Bay, Va.
Really?

It was taken with a Canon SX30IS Powershot with the stock lens and was handheld for the picture. Also the camera was on a very low setting as far as mega-pixels with the file size only being a little over 300 KB and no where near the 14.1 meg-pixel top setting. My old Canon (digital) was still taking good pictures (first two pictures on the other post), but I couldn't preview them anymore in the camera. We bought the SX since it has a true viewfinder that I like on the water as sometimes it is just too bright to use the screen. At the time, Christmas 2011, we got the camera at a Walmart for about $350.

I love it. I worried a little at first if the size would be a problem as it...

...is larger than the Canon it replaced, but actually like the feel of it. About the size of a smaller older SLR, but a lot lighter. I'd highly recommend it to some one that was looking for a nice camera (as Joe made light of this is a camera not a phone with a camera :)).

Looks like they might be a little more now...

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-SX30IS-Digital-Optical-Stabilized/dp/B0041RSPR8

The picture above was reduced in file size for our web site from 300 KB to about 30 KB. Here is another shot taken at a higher zoom...

...and still handheld shot with available light. I only edited the width from 1200 pixels down to 800 for this site's requirements and reduced the file size from 300 KB to 62 KB,

Sum

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]============================[/FONT]

Our Endeavour 37

Our MacGregor 26-S Pages

Our Trips to Utah, Idaho, Canada, Florida

Mac-Venture Links
Man, I use a Cannon 50D with a 300 mm lense & can't get that kid of detail of the moon. That looks like a shot that was taken with a camera maounted to a telscope.

Bob S

Sep 27, 2007
Beneteau 393 New Bedford, MA
We just got back from a week cruising Martha's Vinyard and Nantucket. We had the most increadable sail Monday night in Nantucket Sound with 10 knot winds and the most beautiful stars we've ever seen. I tried so hard to get a picture of the main sail backdropped by a sky full of stars. They all turned out black! Sumner I am impressed!

Attachments

Aug 23, 2009
Hunter 30 Middle River MD
Several photos and a link to a video assembled stills and a little bit of motion footage of this year's Sippy Cup Race that ended at Day break credit for most of the photos at day break belong to Suzanne and Dobbs Fryberger of Walden Rigging who served as race committee.

Pictures from left to right are Sunrise over the bay bridge on the Cheaspeake, Sunset on the Potomac near National Harbor, and Sunset on Rock Creek near Baltimore.

Our Sippy Cup Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=earxPX26boQ&feature=share&list=UUTufOlBAM4qY6WiBE020g3g

Attachments

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2007
Beneteau Oceanis 34 Kingston, WA
The Olympic Mountains from Joemma Beach State Park, Case Inlet, Puget Sound in July... My avatar is just after sunrise on Budd Inlet.

Attachments

Mar 2, 2011
Compac 14 Charleston, SC
Cave Run Lake in the Daniel Boone National Forest, Kentucky.

image-743428207.jpg

Sunrise

image-1034156262.jpg

image-1030412682.jpg

zeehag

Mar 26, 2009
1976 formosa 41 yankee clipper santa barbara. ca.(not there)
from la cruz, yet again....lol

todays sunrise...

Attachments

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Re: from la cruz, yet again....lol

Hey, Zee: have any of the locals had any luck downloading Mexican charts from anywhere for anything approaching a reasonable fee? I got a set but they cannot use any of the current nav programs; they are that old.

zeehag

Mar 26, 2009
1976 formosa 41 yankee clipper santa barbara. ca.(not there)
wow --i only use paper ones--so i dont know about the downloading thing....havent tried it--i have also garmin ones--but i cannot get updates yet..not much technological advancement in my sphere.....still learning---something about mexico, seems--many of my programs wont show the content due to copyright infringements and piracy?????

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
Lovely neighbors, Caribbean sunset

What can I say?
Schooner Zaca a te Moana,
Bequia, SV & G, WI

Attachments

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Bayou Lacombe Sunset

Did an overnight to Bayou Lacombe to enjoy the first cool front of the season here in south Louisiana.. It was really nice out ! Dropped anchor then eased in to shore and tied bow to a big overhanging oak tree branch.
Sailed with a friend in the Catalina 34..

Attachments

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Macgregor 26S Hobie TI Ridgway Colorado
Sunset over the continental divide from South Park, CO (today)

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.