Post Your Sunset / Sunrise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 10, 2009
Catalina 27 Lake Monroe
Wow, some fantastic pics here. I'll share one from today- it may not be as spectacular as others, but it was a beautiful bonus sail at the end of a long day. After we had taken her kids sailing all day, our wonderful neighbor took ours home with her so we could take the boat out on a sunset cruise.

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country

No ordinary lens did that moon. What did you use?
It was taken with a Canon SX30IS Powershot with the stock lens and was handheld for the picture. Also the camera was on a very low setting as far as mega-pixels with the file size only being a little over 300 KB and no where near the 14.1 meg-pixel top setting. My old Canon (digital) was still taking good pictures (first two pictures on the other post), but I couldn't preview them anymore in the camera. We bought the SX since it has a true viewfinder that I like on the water as sometimes it is just too bright to use the screen. At the time, Christmas 2011, we got the camera at a Walmart for about $350.

I love it. I worried a little at first if the size would be a problem as it...

...is larger than the Canon it replaced, but actually like the feel of it. About the size of a smaller older SLR, but a lot lighter. I'd highly recommend it to some one that was looking for a nice camera (as Joe made light of this is a camera not a phone with a camera :)).

Looks like they might be a little more now...

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-SX30IS-Digital-Optical-Stabilized/dp/B0041RSPR8

The picture above was reduced in file size for our web site from 300 KB to about 30 KB. Here is another shot taken at a higher zoom...

...and still handheld shot with available light. I only edited the width from 1200 pixels down to 800 for this site's requirements and reduced the file size from 300 KB to 62 KB,

Sum

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]============================[/FONT]

Our Endeavour 37

Our MacGregor 26-S Pages

Our Trips to Utah, Idaho, Canada, Florida

Mac-Venture Links

Attachments

Oct 9, 2008
Bristol 29.9 Dana Point
The sailboat picture was taken from another sailboat (me). Both boats were underway, and rolling and pitching as boats do. I could see the picture opportunity coming as we sailed along. Waited for just the right moment. The sun came out exactly symmetrical, and the shade from the sail allowed a semi-silhouette. Miraculous luck.

Attachments

Oct 6, 2011
CM 32 USA
I am a frequent shooter of the moon. I sold off some of my camera equipment to change hobbies to sailing. I am a Nikon guy, some 30 years. This lens is a Sigmonster. If you want to throw ten grand at glass, there is no better choice. Goes from 300-800mm at a constant f/5.6.

First image is at 300mm, second is at 800mm

Attachments

Dec 25, 2008
catalina 310 Elk River
Although the sunset is not shown, these gals were enjoying themselves when I stumbled across them.

Attachments

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
2 days before my daughter's wedding in Negril, Jamaica. Not my boat. Just a cool sunset from the beach.

Attachments

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
I am a frequent shooter of the moon. I sold off some of my camera equipment to change hobbies to sailing. I am a Nikon guy, some 30 years. This lens is a Sigmonster. If you want to throw ten grand at glass, there is no better choice. Goes from 300-800mm at a constant f/5.6.

First image is at 300mm, second is at 800mm

Now that is a moon shot :dance:,

Sum

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]============================[/FONT]

Our Endeavour 37

Our MacGregor 26-S Pages

Our Trips to Utah, Idaho, Canada, Florida

Mac-Venture Links
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]

Feb 3, 2009
Freedom 40/40 Rio Dulce, Guatemala
Here are some photos taken within the past few weeks from the Sea of Cortez

Partial Solar Eclipse from Isla Carmen

Sunset Over Sierra de la Giganta at Puerto Escondido

BlueJacket at sunrise at Timbabiche

Sunset at Ensenada Grande, Isla Partida

Pastel Sunrise at Isla San Marcos

-- Geoff

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Here are some photos taken within the past few weeks from the Sea of Cortez-- Geoff
Great stuff, Geoff. The partial eclipse is the coolest eclipse photograph I think I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.