Post Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeff Walker

Hi Phil - Seem to have a recurring problem with posts lately. Only the first few words end up in the message. Sometimes they really end up being pretty funny. Thanks, Jeff on Twilight

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
We like funny

...but not truncated posts! I believe I found the problem, and I suspect it was caused by a 'forced return' that makes the db field think the record ended. You can test it by submitting a post like the following: Dear Phil: (carriage return) Did this work better? if that works, we should be AOK. I hope. p.

J

Jeff Walker

A typical "Dear Phil" letter

Dear Phil I'm hitting the return after a few words. This is only a test. Thanks, Jeff

K

Ken Palmer

If this had...

If this had been a real emergency, you would have been instructed to ....... Hi Jeff Ken Palmer, S/V Liberty

J

Jeff Walker

Hi Ken (hope this all sends)

How is everything going? I've been reading some of your posts regarding the purchase of a larger boat, any news? Carol and I are getting ready for another Catalina Island trip next weekend, this is actually the beginning of some of the best sailing weather out here. If only a few words of this post get transmitted, please give my best to Ruth and thanks again for that wonderful sail on Lake Ontario and hope to get you both out to California. Fair winds, Jeff s/v Twilight

Status
Not open for further replies.