Portlight hatches for 1981 ODay 34

lynno

Feb 18, 2024
ODay 34 Galesville Marina
Hello! We need to replace all our portlight hatches on our 1981 ODay 34, does anyone have suggestions of places to find them? Also want to replace our forward and cabin hayches,but the portlights are the pressing priority. Advice and suggestions much appreciated!

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
What's the issue with the hatches? Parts are available for most hatches and there are companies out there that will rebuild them. D&R Marine is the place for O'Day parts. While you could buy them from just about anywhere, Rudy's prices are competitive enough that it's worth going to him to ensure it's the right part for your boat. Other places won't know what size or style of port your boat came with. Rudy was O'Day's parts manager

dmax

Jul 29, 2018
O'Day 35 Buzzards Bay
The originals were made by Beckson - they make similar ones today. I replaced mine with Lewmar Standard opening ports as they look much better in my opinion.

lynno

Feb 18, 2024
ODay 34 Galesville Marina
What's the issue with the hatches? Parts are available for most hatches and there are companies out there that will rebuild them. D&R Marine is the place for O'Day parts. While you could buy them from just about anywhere, Rudy's prices are competitive enough that it's worth going to him to ensure it's the right part for your boat. Other places won't know what size or style of port your boat came with. Rudy was O'Day's parts manager
Thanks for the information! 2 of the 6 have cracks & are leaving. Wanting to find replacements for at least those 2.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
If the current ports are not opening ports, consider replacing them with opening ports. More ventilation is usually a good thing. If the current ports are plastic framed, I'd consider installing aluminum or SS framed ports.

Arrgh

Oct 27, 2021
ODay 34 Bristol, RI
are you talking about the opening ports or the plexiglass in the main cabin that doesn't open?