POPCORN

Oct 6, 2007
Hunter H30 1982 Chicago IL
So we do this thing at work called popcorn. Each month a name is drawn (Nobody is exempt.) and the winner has to do a short presentation the following month about something they do outside the office. This was my recent presentation. It was about 15 minutes long with me talking and the staff had about twenty minutes of questions afterward starting with "...when are you taking us all sailing?" I have posted a compressed 5 minute video version with music on facebook and thought I would share here it too.

/www.facebook.com/james.broughton.9809/videos/1245981092217162/

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
Very nicely done, James. You have put a lot of love in your boat- and it shows it very well. I wish your video had contained your sea story too, but I can imagine....

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
Damn fine work @Dalliance . This was my “Feel Good” moment for the day. Thanks for sharing! Two more weeks here before we get cracking on the seasonal preps. Your H30 looks awesome. We’re gonna work hard towards that level of attractiveness this year.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Really enjoyed your video. Nice work on your boat. I agree with the others, that river run looks like a blast!
Thanks for posting!

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
@jssailem At the risk of seriously hijacking the thread I will not post anything more in that regard. I blame it on being distracted by a "scissor sisters the basement" music video

@Dalliance. Any way the presentation can me made accessible without facebook login ?

Oct 6, 2007
@jssailem At the risk of seriously hijacking the thread I will not post anything more in that regard. I blame it on being distracted by a "scissor sisters the basement" music video

@Dalliance. Any way the presentation can me made accessible without facebook login ?
I have to admit that I am not the most savvy in that department. I initially tried uploading it to my media file on this site but it’s a 269MB file and SBO seems to have a 20MB upload limit. That’s why I used the link to Facebook. If anyone knows another way, please let me know and I’ll gladly give it a try.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
A lot of the videos posted/linked on this site are actually links to Youtube. Its been years since I posted a video on Youtube but I don't think it was too difficult.

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
Nicely Done and you should be very proud of all the work you have done-with love of your boat
Non-sailors miss that feeling!

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
Very nice.
Interested in the "popcorn" exercise at work, because it's more inclusive than the lunchroom "cliques" that tend to happen. I think social interaction is more challenging for some. Any issues discovered or ground rules? I'd be interested to know more about how this works (pro and con). (Web searches have me drowning in the real popcorn). PM me if you think it's taking things too far off topic.

Oct 6, 2007
Very nice.
Interested in the "popcorn" exercise at work, because it's more inclusive than the lunchroom "cliques" that tend to happen. I think social interaction is more challenging for some. Any issues discovered or ground rules? I'd be interested to know more about how this works (pro and con). (Web searches have me drowning in the real popcorn). PM me if you think it's taking things too far off topic.
Very nice.
Sent you a PM. Answer is a bit off topic and lengthy for this forum. Hope it’s helpful.