Pop-up assist for Venture 25

Jun 21, 2020
Macgregor Venture 25 Kentucky Lake
Hi I just bought a Venture 25 and have it in my back yard doing some repairs. Has anyone found a way to assist setting up the pop-up? It seems pretty heavy and I was wondering if some kind of piston device would work and how to position it.

Jun 21, 2020
Can you show me where you mounted them. Having trouble figuring out how to configure them. Thanks

Feb 5, 2010
MacGregor 25 Oroville, WA
I did this several years ago You can see where I had to reposition the bracket so that the strut would be straight up when extended. It still takes a lift for the first few inches till the struts take over.

Jun 21, 2020
So they work better if they are extended straight up? I was not sure how to do this. Did you attach the top first and let it drop sraight down to mark the bottom bracket. Are they stainless steel brackets or can I use the steel ones on Amazon?

Feb 5, 2010
MacGregor 25 Oroville, WA
They don't give enough support if they are on a slant. As you can see by the extra holes, the installation was trial and error. My finish work isn't much, but then again, it's a MacGregor. I used stainless brackets.

Jun 21, 2020
Great, I can learn from that. Having a time finding the stainless brackets.

Jun 21, 2020
I made a mistake an bought the 20" 60lb struts by mistake. Do you think they will work?