PolyGlow quick shine solution - beware !

Sep 10, 2012
Hunter 450 Gulfport, Florida
Like most process/ procedures it is always advisable to follow the directions, six coats for first application and one or two each year. it seems most of the negative comments are from those who failed in that regard. I have a 25' that I would compound and wax each year with awesome results and halfway through the season dull and lifeless were creeping around the corner along with the privilege of spending quantities of elbow grease to restore. Prep the surface, apply "correctly" and maintain. I am getting ready to do the hull on my 45 but stripping off the oxidized gelcoat does take serious effort especially while floating. Poliglow lasts, wax does not, Poliglow can be marred as it is a plasticized coating but easily repaired as can wax. Paint is an excellent option if the surface is really bad or the kitty especially full.

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
Like most process/ procedures it is always advisable to follow the directions, six coats for first application and one or two each year. it seems most of the negative comments are from those who failed in that regard. I have a 25' that I would compound and wax each year with awesome results and halfway through the season dull and lifeless were creeping around the corner along with the privilege of spending quantities of elbow grease to restore. Prep the surface, apply "correctly" and maintain. I am getting ready to do the hull on my 45 but stripping off the oxidized gelcoat does take serious effort especially while floating. Poliglow lasts, wax does not, Poliglow can be marred as it is a plasticized coating but easily repaired as can wax. Paint is an excellent option if the surface is really bad or the kitty especially full.
I'm calling BS on the part I highlighted in red. I followed the directions meticulously and I suspect you're just not experienced enough yet with Poliglo. Once it starts breaking down you need to strip it and start over, then apply "correctly" until the next time.
One other thing nobody has mentioned -- the finish of Poliglo is nowhere near as good as a compound/wax or painted finish. At best it's relatively dull and low ridges form where the applicator edges overlap.

Last edited: