Polar Bay AC control panel programming to shut off fan

buddy0

Sep 17, 2014
Hunter 33 Oriental, NC
I have the Polar Bay SLW16DHS-1 on my Hunter 33.
I've discovered from post Polar Bay A/C Owners that its normal for the fan to keep running even after the temp is reached, but you can program the control panel to change that. Based on that post I also learned how to get the panel into program mode and cycle through the options, but I don't know what they mean.

Does anyone have the manual for this AC / Control panel? Or does anyone know the option for having the fan shut off once the temp is up to the setting and the compressor turns off?

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Sorry, I don't know this product, but on the programmable AC units I've used, "Auto" is usually the setting that has the fan turn on and off with the compressor.

-Will (Dragonfly)

buddy0

Sep 17, 2014
Hunter 33 Oriental, NC
Thanks. I'll circle through the program settings again and see if I can figure out which one is for the fan.
The problem is that the settings are just numbered, not named, and I don't have the key/manual.

I think the fan is already on "auto" since it changes speeds up and down at various times while it is running. It just never shuts off, even if the compressor is off for some time. The thread referenced above noted that there was a setting for this, but didn't say which setting it was.

Dometic acknowledged my question a couple of weeks ago, but hasn't sent a response.

So, if anyone has the manual, I'd appreciate a copy.

buddy0

Sep 17, 2014
Hunter 33 Oriental, NC
Thanks! That might work. I'll check when I'm back to the boat to see if the settings seem to line up. Just knowing that the value is "con" for the continuous fan might be enough to pinpoint the right program number, even if the numbers aren't exactly the same.

P-14 - Continuous Fan or Cycle Fan with Compressor - con - CYC = Cycle Fan With Comp. con = Continuous Fan Operation

I think this might be what I needed.

Apr 11, 2010
Hunter 38 Whitehall MI
Thanks! That might work. I'll check when I'm back to the boat to see if the settings seem to line up. Just knowing that the value is "con" for the continuous fan might be enough to pinpoint the right program number, even if the numbers aren't exactly the same.

P-14 - Continuous Fan or Cycle Fan with Compressor - con - CYC = Cycle Fan With Comp. con = Continuous Fan Operation

I think this might be what I needed.
I hope so.
I have found that when I run in heat mode I like fan to cycle on and off with the compressor. When air conditioning I prefer continuous fan. When heating the continuous fan seems to make it feel chilly. With cooling mode the continuous fan keeps it comfortable without having to have thermostat set as low.

buddy0

Sep 17, 2014
Hunter 33 Oriental, NC
Agreed, I want to change it for the winter / heat mode.

That worked! P-14 was the same on my Polar Bay.

Thanks a million.

-buddy