Please help with mast crutch.

Jun 28, 2011
None now boatless Mobile
I am having to build a rear mast crutch for my 260 for transport today and need help. My boat is 1.5 hours away so I can't measure but I need to know how tall the crutch is from the top of the first plate with the hole in it to where the mast rest on it. I realize I am doing this at last minute but this just came up last night and I forgot I don't have a crutch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jan 18, 2014
Hunter 260 Palm Coast, FL
av8erdunn,
I hope here is what you need to know: My stock 260 crutch is made out of 42mm aluminum. The total length (along the pipe and bend) is about 92", the height (strait line along the wood stick) is 91". Refer to the pictures. The pipe is bended at 60" and the drilled hole is at 64" from the top end strait measured. The drilled hole is 5mm and in an angle of 45 degree to the fork.
The bend extends to about 8" on the top measured while the pip lies flat on the ground and the fork stays upright.

When used, the in 45 degree drilled holes allow the crutch to be turned and bolted in two positions, bending for- or backwards, lengthwise the boat.
Cannot remember how it has to be, you will see when lowering the mast into the crutch to make sure the fork is not interfering with the spreaders. Hope this helps and good luck to bring her safely home.
Hart

Attachments

Sep 23, 2019
Hunter 260 Carter Lake, CO
Does anyone have the crutch drawings from Hunter that they can send to me? The above two links are no longer valid. I recently aquired a 1998 260 without a crutch. So I need to have one fabricated and the drawings would be extremely helpful.